Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest took a ATV certifcation class yesterday and he is 10 but 5 foot tall and 150 pound's and they say he has to be on a 50cc quad you tell me what look's safer :angry: i can see some kid's needing to be on them after watching the class with Squid riding for over 4 year's he was light year's ahead of the other kid's in the class but i think we should have a choice on what is right for are kid's not someone else. he could not even get it on the trailer after the class i had to push him up the ramp :( tell me how fun that would be out on the trail :puke:

G

·
thats gay as hell!!!, when i went throught atv safety, i was 100% new to the sport and 15 ,did the test on the BF750.....not a word was said to me

·
Registered
6 Posts
that is a bunch of crap, i am so sick of that crap. did you know wisconsin law,{and this is fact}says onyone under the age of 12 cannot come to my house and ride and atv even with there parents supervision because its private property. it also says they CAN ride a dirt bike because wisconsin doesn't recognize dirtbikes. makes me sick :crybaby:

G

·
those rules/laws in some places, are out dated and old.they were written when 3 wheelers came out and they were unsafe, and new some no one had a lot of experience riding them.i think it's time someone sat down and updated all this crapola. :retard:

·
Registered
254 Posts
The laws in most places mirror the recommendations agreed upon by the ATV manufacturers. Just go to any of the Big 4 sites (Honda springs to mind) and check out their literature on size recommendations.

Unfortunately, the age numbers are completely arbitrary and do not take into account the physical attributes and capability of the child, as well as the child's maturity and understanding of how to operate an ATV. Some 10-year-olds should be on a 70 or a 90, but I've known a few who have enough self-control to handle anything you put them on and not get hurt.

It's too bad more parents aren't like you guys and really put some thought into what their kids can handle. If they were responsible in that way, we wouldn't have these idiotic rules.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to me this look's safer he said he feel's way more comfortable then the 90 and i believe him at 5 foot tall and 150 plus the boy can ride ask enigma or 764 out on the trail if he is following you you can start clicking along and look back and he is zoned into the taillight :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts