Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I broke my collarbone and a couple ribs in a crash while riding last year.

Saturday was a big day for me. I can now do a pushup with no pain!

Haven't tried more than one yet too nervous something will snap, but hey it's a start.

·
Registered
143 Posts
congrats dave. so now you're ready to take the bubbanator for another race over the top right :lol: :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
JUSTIN!!! :\ Your lucky I don't know your middle name. :p

Your officially on the stick mr. :nod:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shut it Krazy! :lol: YOU are in charge of all "jockey" duties from now on.

thanks rpm, it's a nice feeling.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lee :D sorry momma :lol: it's ok, i knew it was just a matter of time before i ended up on there next to the rest of the misfits :lol: :nod:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Good to hear...Did you celebrate with a Dew afterwards.. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
i don't know about handling all jockey duties dave, all these boys are starting to get some serious coin into these machines, and with the "you f-it up you fix it up" mentality i was raised with i'm a little leery. i think i'd have to sell a kidney or something to even think about fixing the bubba bike. but i'm sure i'll still rip it anyway.. we only need 1 kidney right? :lol: :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by KRAZYK
Lee :D sorry momma :lol: it's ok, i knew it was just a matter of time before i ended up on there next to the rest of the misfits :lol: :nod:
Your going to be the first one that has his first and middle name on it though. :p :lol:

·
Banned
78 Posts
Boy can I relate to this! :nod:

Don't be scared, take it slow, and remember you are on the mend. But....
You can get back to what you did before with a little Rx, and some resistance training.

I myself thought I may have been washed up but now find myself hitting the weights again 3 times a week, and have been for almost 4 weeks now. :D

(don't worry Ray no upper body over 185lbs) :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry to hear you had a Crash Dave obviously while I've been off the forum, glad you're on the mend though, it must have been a bad one for it to take so long, my buddies just had a pretty bad one on his new KTM525, rolled it twice, not broke anything but pulled muscles and tendons here there and everywhere.

Andy

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Flipper and Andy.

I'd rather break bones than pull tendons/muscles anyday.

Those can take a very long time to heal if they ever do.

I've been feeling good for awhile now, just too much of a pu$$y to try a pushup. :puke:

Next step is two pushups, yep I'm aiming high, :lol: I could do 25 a little over a year ago. Not much to you skinny guys but for a fattie like me that's a major feat.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Great Job!!

As long as you keep going in that direction, and not backwards you'll be Okay.

Try it on your knees to take the pressure off but still keeping the full range of motion, and the 2 the next time you feel up to it. :nod:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by CamoKVF700
Good luck with that Dave. Hope you continue to get well. That was a crappy incident.
thanks all is well now, everyone gets a wake up call I suppose.

hopefully this is the extent of mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad to here your doing some exersize. I too have boken bones.. my pelvis to be exact. I had to stay in bed for four weeks. I had to learn how to walk again because my legs would not lift my body. On top of the pain. I actually got winded by the first step :puke: had to sit back down. well keep up the exercise and hope you feel well soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn't know someone had gotten injured! Hope you are doing well. Don't push yourself too hard. Take it easy and save your energy for St. A's!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by VForceMadness
I didn't know someone had gotten injured! Hope you are doing well. Don't push yourself too hard. Take it easy and save your energy for St. A's!
all good now buddy but thanks.

everyone gets theirs eventually, I needed it to beat a little stupid out of me.

still a lot of stupid left but hopefully I let off the throttle next time. and am on my own bike. :\

1 - 18 of 18 Posts