Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to request my vaction now.... that's assuming all kinds of things like for example... I'll actually have the money to go so don't hold yer breath... but still I wanna request it...

dates, location, and alltitude please :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
spots? Can't I just park behind one of the trailers? Honeslty I won't know if I can go for sure until well into 2008... it's all about money like always.

C

·
0 Posts
5000 feet? Wow. That's going to be hard on HP. What did you do for jetting RPM? Did you just go down 3 sizes or what?

·
Registered
530 Posts
i hope to have my air/fuel meter by then :retard:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by RPM
I was off a little, but still had no trouble going anywhere I wanted too.

We will see how much that EFI helps on the hill. :p :lol:
:lol: You are confused about what EFI does.

Doesn't mean I have more power, just less hassle with jetting as long as the bike stays stock.

I'll give the hill a try but the ltr isn't near the goat my 764 with 24" extremes was.

Honestly that makes it more fun, there wasn't anything in Oregon I couldn't climb with the 764 easily.

·
Registered
95 Posts
:lol: I know you were kidding, but I'm legally required to give you a hard time. If Todd at 170 had a hard time, I'm not going to make it being 270. :retard:

Enigma it's really no big deal no matter how steep the hill, just have to turn before the momentum is gone. Know when to fold them and all. (Kenny Rogers song just popped into my head). That's the nice thing about a wide dune is there is room to turn off, not like riding trails in Bend. :eek:

Heck I made it up Sand Mountain Utah's hill with my stock V and 22" gecko's. Added about 200 feet to the climb because I had to zigzag but made it. With the 24" extremes it was still slow but no problem. V's are climbers!

I'd much rather have the ltr going down though, the brakes on v's just plain suck.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would just like all of you to stay at the bottom of the hill so I don't worry. :retard: Especially my husband!!! :nod:

C

·
0 Posts
That hill looks steeper in the pic than in the video. Damn.

I'm not going down that. I'm going down the pansy way and coming up the ballsy way. :nod:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sand hills don't scare me...but you guys understand my bike only has about a 5 mile range at low speed on a full tank of alky?

1 mile at high speed.. maybe 2...LOL

Camp isn't too far from all these cool hills are they?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
could my 2wd truck make it out to the hill? We will have to make some kind of arrangements..

I could always bring my stock carbs and yank off the blower just so we could ride around. It would only take me maybe slightly more than 30 minutes to convert the bike back to pump gas.

·
Registered
143 Posts
metal that is a lot of whench work in 30 mins, sounds like you and your V have a pretty intimate relationship :D :lol: if this trip is anything like the trips to the Oregon dunes with these guys it won't be necessary for you to do all that wrenching because they will just throw you on one of the "other" bikes :nod: for a regular ride, and lots of 4wd trucks in the group too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'll have a 4wd rental truck. We can take that out as the gas truck, lol.

I love driving the truck in the dunes, if I wasn't so worried about breaking it I'd do it constantly. Lot's of fun and you have tunes while cruising too. :p

Dave

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
four bolts, loosen the carb boot clamps, take off the one screw holding on the throttle bracket... blower, scoop, and carbs comes off in one peice.. :) Change out the gas and slap the stock carbs on there, which takes zero bolts.... pump gas 730.

I built it to make it easy to work on it... :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
sounds like a well thought out and slick set up metal, hopefully i can make the trip and see it run in person, but everyone in the NW gang knows i'm always last minute :nod: :lol:

·
Registered
530 Posts
i got a few thing's in the work's so i don't have to worry about that :lol:

·
Registered
143 Posts
holy chit that place is huge. enigma why would you say that? yfz's aren't fast :unibrow: :ninja:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts