Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve seen this discussed on here but for the life of me cannot find the thread. I know NMkawierider posted on the thread(hopefully it’s spelled correct). I’m looking to get wheel spacers and cannot seem to find any for my 2021 Brute. On the advice of people here I ordered new tires but only upgraded to 26 zillas. Does anyone know what the difference in the patter or hub is between the 20 & 21 brutes versus the older ones? Or a better question does anyone know where I can find spacers for this quad? I can’t seem to find any , at all, period. Thanks in advance for any assistance. This forum has already been a huge help.

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
Well, someone posted that the new ones (his was a 2019) had a larger hub then the standard 74mm. In fact he even showed he measured the hub's flanges...84mm. The pattern is still the same-4/110 and still hub-centric, just has a larger hub now.

Why do you need spacers with just 26" tires? Ut really is better of all your parts not to use them.

This was the thread on the 2019 hub:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t know that I need them. Just would like to add an inch max on either side for a better look. Part of me thinks that it will provide more stability on off camber hills that are rutted out for SXS’s. May not feel the need for them after I get the tires. The stickers are just so damn flimsy. They have taken me thru, over, and around everything without issues really. But man they are soft and got a small puncture on 2nd ride.
While I’m on a thread with you, I’m thinking I’d like to have an exhausts. A slip on at max, not really looking for more power(although it would be a bonus) just want to hear the sounds of this wonderful V-Twin a little clearer. What are your thoughts on the NMK?

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
I don’t know that I need them. Just would like to add an inch max on either side for a better look. Part of me thinks that it will provide more stability on off camber hills that are rutted out for SXS’s. May not feel the need for them after I get the tires. The stickers are just so damn flimsy. They have taken me thru, over, and around everything without issues really. But man they are soft and got a small puncture on 2nd ride.
While I’m on a thread with you, I’m thinking I’d like to have an exhausts. A slip on at max, not really looking for more power(although it would be a bonus) just want to hear the sounds of this wonderful V-Twin a little clearer. What are your thoughts on the NMK?
Well...here's the thing. From 2015 on Kawasaki has added a closed-loop EFI system to their machines which includes a tuned exhaust along with an O2 sensor. These combined with it's state-of-the-art 64 bit EFI management system gives the best stock performance with emissions control the V-twin can give. Any changes to that usually have a cost, if not performance...which some have reported did loose power, then emissions or fuel economy. People have installed different exhausts, but most often they also had to destroy the close-loop system and add a programmer to re-map the system...taking it back to the pre-2015 days of EFI. That also causes it loose it's market value..greatly. So...my take is...if it were mine, even though I might mot love the sound, I would leave it alone and enjoy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well...here's the thing. From 2015 on Kawasaki has added a closed-loop EFI system to their machines which includes a tuned exhaust along with an O2 sensor. These combined with it's state-of-the-art 64 bit EFI management system gives the best stock performance with emissions control the V-twin can give. Any changes to that usually have a cost, if not performance...which some have reported did loose power, then emissions or fuel economy. People have installed different exhausts, but most often they also had to destroy the close-loop system and add a programmer to re-map the system...taking it back to the pre-2015 days of EFI. That also causes it loose it's market value..greatly. So...my take is...if it were mine, even though I might mot love the sound, I would leave it alone and enjoy.
Glad I seen this because I was contemplating a new exhaust but after reading this I'm all set with potentially causing harm to my brute for more sound thanks for the info brother!

·
Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 🇺🇸
1,203 Posts
I would leave the exhaust alone too, on the 15+ models. I have 1” spacers on the stock wheels of my ‘17. The couple inches of extra width definitely helps with stability and it looks better too. Tires are still tucked inside the fenders.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just put my 26” BlackWater evos on their first ride today. They are radials(I think) they make it handle like a totally different quad. I can now ride the high side on hills/ruts and not feel tippy or sliding down into the ruts. It’s a shame that my buddies new outlander came with terracross tires that smoked the duros that come on the brute. They may be the worst set of tires that come stock on any quad. With that said. I wanted zillas, it just didn’t work out. But I would give these tires a 10/10 after my first ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts