Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of performance can you expect from a CDI with nothing else done to the bike?

My plans are to Modify the existing exhaust to flow better and just throw a unifilter and CDI on. Rejet of course. I'm a banshee guy and I just got a Brute for rippin up the trials. My go fast bike is the Banshee.

So far I have to say I'm bigtime impressed with the Brute 650. I acutally raced my neighbors dead stock Predator 500 the other day and won.

·
Registered
41 Posts
how much are the dyna's new?

·
Registered
141 Posts
What to expect from a CDI?..........BALD REAR TIRE'S

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have a 05 750 26 mudlies kimpex bumpers, full aluminum skid plate, kn filter, 2 gal tank holer on rear i put on a cdi took it out on the trails, WOW. then i took it on a quiet road, im 220 lbs leaning over the handel bars and pinned the throttel the brute stood straight up on the rear bumper and tank for a second came down and took off like bat out of hell. so i guess i,m telling you i really like my CDI!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
We just put a DynoJet kit in my 06 750 this past weekend and it made a noticible diference butt nothing major.
Tonight I got a Dyna CDI ( I got it off Ebay for $170 pluss shiping )

WOW WOW I knew it would make a diference and boy was I right. Wheeleing at will, power slides out the wazoo, I don't know how fast it will go now and I don't think I want to find out a top speed.
Not sure if it's as smooth as the stock CDI butt it's way more fun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Went riding at Attica IN Sunday with 3 other Brute 750's 2 07 and 1 other 06 and a 07 CanAm 800. All the other Brutes were completly stock. Had a great time.
I've been there lots of times before butt just on bikes, it was realy fun to ride a 4wheeler there. This place is alot of sand dunes and a perimiter of muddy creeks and a few hills to climb, lots of sand hills.
We found a smooth wide hill at least a 100' long and we all lined up to drag race up thus hill. We had 1 guy at the top to start us, just like the show Pink's.
We raced several times. I Never lost. Only tied with the CanAm 1 time. We were all running in low 4x4. After a couple of runs a yzf450 lined up with us, he would only beat me by 1/2 bike length.

This is what my Dyna CDI did for me

·
Registered
190 Posts
Im very happy with my Dynatek,you can get them off E-bay for $169.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i just put a Moose CDI on my 750 and it will stand on its end in low with no problems and i got it off ebay with a jet kit for alittle over 200 shipped to me .

·
Registered
10 Posts
A  VDI copperhead is what I used on an 07 BF 750.  It cost extra but after the money is spent- it is money well spent.  If money is a problem then just think of the extra gas millage you get with one. I have a stock setup for now, except for the copperhead - a set of NGK racing spark plug wires and a set of iridum plugs.  The gas millage is great. My friend bought a BF 750 one day befor I bought mine. His was 100% stock when we went on our first major ride with our new machines.  After a few hours of riding we switched atvs and the first thing that I found was that his tank was only one quarter full as my tank with the three mods was three quarters full. About one minute after I noticed this my friend came up beside me and said to stop.  Then he asked me if I refuled while we were back at the camp for lunch. I had not and said that I told you that it was suposed to get better millage as well as better power.  Also my wife rode double with me all of this ride as well.              Now what I noticed befor and after the copperhead- wires -plugs- was a vast improvement over stock. The best way I can describe it would be if you took a bigblock v-8 engine and purposly set the timming off to the point that it seemed to have the slightist miss and then proceeded to hammer on the gas it would still have power and may even spin the tires a little, but then you set the timming corectly and you leave a rubber black mark that any young person could be proud of. This is what you can expect with these mods. As for the dynatek it should improve performance as well, I personally like that you can get extra timing curve (maps) with VDI, mine is set for premium fuel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts