Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1141 - 1160 of 1172 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
No, I went with a 2016 View attachment 8552
6.2L V8 Gas with the 4.3 gears/rear electronic Locker Supercab 4x4 with a 3582# payload. Really nice truck.
That's a good looking truck! If I didn't have a couple of kiddos I definitely would have went with the extended cab instead of the crewcab. You can save yourself alot of money that way. I just picked up a 2014 F350 crew cab with the 6.7 powerstroke in October. I went back and forth on gas vs diesel but got a good enough deal on this one that it made the decision for me haha. Love the power of the diesel, hate filling it up at the pump at the moment 😂

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
For my needs the powerstroke would of been overkill, the 6.2L has worked out well for my towing need's.
I am refilling at 3/4 full tank, easier on my wallet these days, especially with a 35 gallon gas tank.
Looks to be a trade-in or if they do me wrong then I'll just turn down the new truck and keep the F350. Shouldn't be much longer, going on 4 1/2 months since I placed the Special Order.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I hear you there. The power stroke is overkill for what I need probably 90% of the time too but the resale on them is much higher and easier. If I would have been in the new market I would have went with the 7.3l gas motor. For the most part all the 6.2 trucks in my area are work truck trim lines and nice ones were few and far between.

Good luck with the sale or trade-in. Hopefully your dealer isn't one of those that has been charging markup on vehicles once they actually get it in. I've heard some horror stories over the last year of people ordering vehicles and when it shows up the dealer trying to add an additional 5-10k to the price cause now it's actually here! I believe most of those were people that "ordered" a vehicle thru the dealer but didn't actually sign a PO so the price wasn't finalized/set so technically it was the dealers vehicle but still a pretty crappy way to treat customers

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
As much as I hate to state this but my 4 1/2 month wait may have been just a waste of my time.
My Truck came in today at the dealer, this dealer is a 7-hour drive away and with a weekend there is no way to get there tomorrow(Denver). I've been in Denver over a weekend before, never again so I told them I'll be there on Wednesday But-
Now I never got a BO other than the statement showing the MSRP and the discounts I was getting, which was $3000 off MSRP, works out to $735 under dealer cost(They charge a $599 Doc fee so the $3K is actually $2400). They sent me an statement of how they handle Special Order's, stating No mark-ups over MSRP with "Special Vehicle Order's" (they said they couldn't give me a signed BO before the VIN was assigned but after the VIN was assigned I still couldn't get them to send me the BO{Buyer's Order Agreement}
I told them upfront of No Dealer Add-ons are to be added on this Special Order truck, they said No add-ons, I have that comment on my phone in a text message, I have the entire text messages since I started this on November 27th along with the other email commutations.
So what is the issue? They won't give me the Invoice Price on the now arrived truck, No Invoice that I can see what is on it, would mean No deal.. They want me in the finance office before they show me the number's, Sorry but I have Never done it this way ever before and I am not starting now with this BS.
I believe I am pulling the ad from Craig's List soon, I just don't have a good feeling with this dealer, I have Never dealt with this dealer before. I sure hope Ford sends me a questionnaire on the reason I didn't purchase if it comes to that, I have more than a earful for them.

I have a wonderful F350, 100% trouble free, not even 1 recall ever, no maintenance issue's, after I sold the RV Trailer I just don't need it anymore. Keeping it won't be a problem, it is now up to this stealer dealer to step up to the plate and do the right thing but in today's world I might be expecting too much, lol. In some ways this could be funny.
Sorry for the rant..

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oh man, that sucks. Unfortunately that lines up with a lot of stories I've heard over the last year. Supposedly ford was cracking down on this type of behavior from their dealers.....

Good luck with it

·
Super Moderator
1,293 Posts
Those are nice. Who makes them? Edit: never mind I just saw your post in a different thread - direction2.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Correct, Direction2, these are so well designed they look like they came on the Brute from the factory and they work great. Over the years I have used them on all of my Brutes.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Tip 1: If you get the Direction2 overfdenders put weather stripping on the inside where they mount against the plastics, right under or over the predrilled mounting holes.
2: I don't use all of the mounting bolts, I leave at least 1 off per overfender(along the top portion), this way if you get up against a tree or something else the overfender will give instead of putting additional pressure on the Brutes Plastic's, which can break them.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Oh man, that sucks. Unfortunately that lines up with a lot of stories I've heard over the last year. Supposedly ford was cracking down on this type of behavior from their dealers.....

Good luck with it
Update: I was at this Denver Dealer at 9am Tuesday Morning, after waiting 4 1/2 months I figured I had nothing to loose but see what exactly is going on. Came to be just a miscommunication between me and the sale's women, all because she never gave me a signed "Buyer's Order Agreement", this form is automatic for any Special Order Vehicle.
Both the Salesguy (the woman was off on Tuesday's) and the General Manager spoiled me while I was there, treated me like a family member, I have never dealt with this Dealer ever before. My $ number's were right on with theirs, they shocked me with a very good trade-in for my F350, knocked $500 off their high doc fee to $99 and gave me the Additional $500 from the dock fee directly to me, which I applied to the Ranger. Along with Ford's rebates, the additional Dealer Rebates, Trade-in, I wrote them a check for the difference for my 22 Ranger and hit the road for a 7.5 hour drive home. Got back home at 10pm on Tuesday nite.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1,293 Posts
Sounds like a great experience with the dealer. Enjoy the new truck!

·
Super Moderator
1,293 Posts
New tires installed last night. Bear Claw HTR. Power-steering feels much better with radials.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Combat vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

·
Registered
153 Posts
Update: I was at this Denver Dealer at 9am Tuesday Morning, after waiting 4 1/2 months I figured I had nothing to loose but see what exactly is going on. Came to be just a miscommunication between me and the sale's women, all because she never gave me a signed "Buyer's Order Agreement", this form is automatic for any Special Order Vehicle.
Both the Salesguy (the woman was off on Tuesday's) and the General Manager spoiled me while I was there, treated me like a family member, I have never dealt with this Dealer ever before. My $ number's were right on with theirs, they shocked me with a very good trade-in for my F350, knocked $500 off their high doc fee to $99 and gave me the Additional $500 from the dock fee directly to me, which I applied to the Ranger. Along with Ford's rebates, the additional Dealer Rebates, Trade-in, I wrote them a check for the difference for my 22 Ranger and hit the road for a 7.5 hour drive home. Got back home at 10pm on Tuesday nite. View attachment 8572
Glad everything worked out! That's a good looking truck. I used to have a 96 ranger in almost that same color.

·
Super Moderator
1,293 Posts
Those tires are on my short list for the wife's quad. It's either the bear claws or the terra cross. Provoking will just depend on which ones are actually available and in stock! Haha
The Terracross was the other tire I had it narrowed down to. Both tires have been around a long time and receive positive reviews; don't think you can go wrong either way.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Over last weekend we delivered my Dad the Grizzly 700 he bought from us and we bought my brother in law's 2012 Brute 750. Now we have a matching set! Haha They really haven't changed anything body wise on these from 2012 to 2020. You would never know which was which. Also picked up this trailer on the way home. For $1300 couldn't pass it up 😂.
Tire Wheel Sky Building Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Combat vehicle Tank

1141 - 1160 of 1172 Posts