Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey all, just an update

Going to be revisiting rebuilding this machine. Top and bottom end. And then selling it.

I've put time and money into this:
entire front end rebuild with bushings
hmf exhaust w/ tuner
both sets of driveshaft seals completely rebuilt, with engine and diff side seals replaced
super winch lt 3500 w/ plate
it will have newer shocks on it (from the 2019 since Im upgrading them to elkas soon)
has 26" artrax with STI HD wheels
fresh coolant hoses
aftermarket rad fan (more blades and very quiet)
will have new plugs
epi almond primary spring

Anyway, we're looking at having it rebuilt. Waiting for a fresh quote for this. Looking at values in WI.... appears 3500-4200.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I’m looking closer to upper 4000’s now for value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We pulled the trigger to get it rebuilt. Hoping for late spring early summer. It's a good machine and I'll have some assembly work ahead of myself after the engine is rebuilt and installed. But, a documented rebuild should make for a good machine. Just looking to sell it, didn't want to let it turn into parts.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Look who’s back home! Cleaned up the aftermarket wiring mess I made, and Serviced the air filter.

Body has to go back on and the other wheels and tires. it needs to be re broke in.

Guy turned it around quick. I have the old pistons and 1 rod in hand.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Back together! Fan wasn’t working. Tested leads and it’s good. Found the breaker might have gotten unplugged when I was re running wires better.

Reactions: Slydog

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Bypassed breaker, no luck.

I can put power to the fan plug and it runs.

Radiator is full, system doesn’t have air in it. Seems to be circulating. Both hoses are hot.

Unplugged the temp sensor and the “FI” code says on, until I plug it back in.

Tried grounding out the temp sensor, no luck. Appears this isn’t a closed/open loop sensor like normal.

Swapped accessory fuse, no luck.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
Bypassed breaker, no luck.

I can put power to the fan plug and it runs.

Radiator is full, system doesn’t have air in it. Seems to be circulating. Both hoses are hot.

Unplugged the temp sensor and the “FI” code says on, until I plug it back in.

Tried grounding out the temp sensor, no luck. Appears this isn’t a closed/open loop sensor like normal.

Swapped accessory fuse, no luck.

Thoughts?

The ECU uses the data from the temp sensor to ground trigger the fan relay. If it is overheating and the fan isn't coming on, and you know the breaker is working...(I assume you tested it).. you need to verify the relay is being triggered by providing a ground jumper for the relay coil. If after doing so it works, then the relay isn't being triggered and look to the temp sending unit...or ECU. If it still doesn't come on with the grounding jumper, verify the relay coil has power on the hot side. If so, replace the relay. If not, check for reasons like ...blown fuses, bad ignition switch, some connector not hooked-up...ect. This is the fan system they went to after 2008 and I think it's still the same. It also shoes how to install a bypass switch.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Got it working!! Bypassing the breaker worked! I didnt let it warm up enough when I first did that.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts