Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know,there sure are a bunch of these things on here but thought i would share anyways...LOL...brand new,$5800 out the door

·
Registered
118 Posts
Now its time to get your wallet out :unibrow: The $5800 you spent on buying it, that's nothing, you'll get the bug and it just doesn't stop, I'll guess I'm up to about $12,000 so far and I haven't been inside the engine yet :eek:

Andy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah,Id like to put the dual exhaust but dont want it overly loud,spring mod(what exactly does that do,see people do it but I have no clue)grab rail and bumper and skid plates

·
Registered
118 Posts
What sort of riding do you have planned?

Andy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
granny trail type stuff and open field blasts...nothing extreme at all

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by RPM
First mod on a Virgin V is usually a NEW Tail Light. :eek: :p :D

LOL...not yet but getting braver on it...so you guys helpme spend some money...what should be the first mod?I definitely would like more straight line speed but wont be overly brave in the woods

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ha, my 1st mod was a new tie rod end. Broke that thing just after 3 days. it took me about 2 weeks before i knocked the tail light off, and bend the grab bar just a hair.

·
Registered
9 Posts
same old first 3 mods,
drill 12 one inch holes in the airbox lid and block the stock hole,
replace the spring- I used a Dalton blue from what this site told me
get a full exhaust- just pick your favorite brand that is a full exhuast, not a slip on
you'll have to rejet your carbs when you do the mods, so i would just do them at once. :nod:
I think that gives you like 7hp or so with better shiftouts. nice difference.
everyone will tell you to get $suspension$ before you do anymore motor work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
oh and get a better front bumper. i use DG fat series and its pretty tough, but the stock ones are a joke,, along with the stock tie rods, but I have yet to bend one :D
I got to watch Randallpink7 roll his over and smash the tailight doing a wheelie all in one day! :lol: :lol: but like i told him "it looks like the smaller guy has the bigger balls!" :lol:
havent rolled mine yet but well see!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wheres a good place to start ordering parts for this thing?

·
Registered
87 Posts
When I get on my V I get a bad case of the F*** ITS.

·
Registered
118 Posts
OK Speedy lets spend some of your money a bit speedy too :D

First off the best mod you can do to any V is the suspension, this will make you go much quicker than any other mod, unfortunately its also one of the costliest so you may not be prepared fpr that straight away, but definately keep it high on your list!

Generally cheaper mods I'd suggest are the following, K&N or twinair filter, open up your airbox, I'd strongly recommend a Muzzy but if you're adament on a twin system there's plenty to choose from but if performance is your main objective then the Muzzys the one especially if you don't want to loud, once you've done that shim your needles and jet up. Clutching will also transform your bike, I absolutely love VFJ's stage three and I run an EPI Maroon, I've other springs but I love that one.

Now get spending and start smiling :unibrow:

Andy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the info...now whos sells all this stuff

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pipecity the Muzzy, EPI the spring, VFJ for the clutch mod, Rocky Mountain for the filters.

Andy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can i get someone to post up some links to these sites...thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
hey Andy, on that link for muzzy there are 2 diff. ones. whats the difference and also how loud are they?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I run the stock one, fantastic performance and beautiful sound, the other one is the Pro which is only recommended for tuned big bore engines and it's also louder I believe.

Andy

·
Registered
87 Posts
OK THANKS, WELL IM JUST STOCK FOR THE TIME BEING. JUST GOT MY V A MONTH AGO. I WAS LOOKING AT THE HMF DUALS.......BUT I DONT KNOW

1 - 20 of 22 Posts