Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this on another ATV site. These two guys were co-workers and friends of Wapiti1. Very sorry to hear about this. :(

Today is Monday, 28 April 2008 Two Fightfighters Die In ATV Accident
(4/25/08) Two fire fighters in the rogue valley have been confirmed dead in an A.T.V. accident late yesterday afternoon.

NBC-5 will have the latest details and interviews tonight at five and six.

The men were discovered earlier this morning after a full night of searching in the John's Peak area.

A press conference has been scheduled for mid-afternoon.

:(

Medford Firefighters Named In ATV Fatality
(4/25/08/) Heavy hearts this afternoon as the entire southern Oregon fire fighter community mourns the loss of two of their own.

Medford fire fighters John Wells and Gail Gerr lost control of their off road vehicle yesterday.

They plunged off a two thousand foot embankment leaving them both dead. The incident happened off of forest creek road on John's Peak.

It's a site just outside of Jacksonville, popular with ATV riders.

Families notified their fellow Medford fire crews when the two men didn't come home as expected last night.

That prompted a twenty-four hour search effort ending this morning with the tragic discovery of the two men's bodies.

·
Registered
143 Posts
the old logging roads all through the hills out there are all like that. cut into the side of the mountain wall on one side and crazy steep hill down to the valley on the other. lost a few friends to those roads over the years, and it's a wonder i wasn't one of them 4wd drifting the yota at 70 up and down those roads all the time.. my heart goes out to there familys, and yet another harsh reminder that no matter how many times we've done it, or how good we think we are. we are just human and it can all come to an end so fast.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. A quick update, They had just finished climbing a hill,(tough for motorcycles) and they needed to side-hill to finish and started rolling down the hill they just climbed and them some. Approx 1500' down a hill side and rested into two oak trees. If you ever rolled a rock down a steep hillside, then you can picture what happend.

I would like to remind anybody driving side by sides, to be very aware of your riding area. when you roll with these atvs, you roll with it all the way down. They are not going to protect you in a event such as this. And wear a helmet.

Thanks again guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts