Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using body weight is a huge part of the way I ride.

Examples
-Riding in mud/water/snow I use my body weight to help maneuver the machine to go in the direction I want it to. IN deep water/mud It helps control body roll of the machine to keep it going strait, or to stop it from rolling over sideways or backwards.

-Power slides are also an area where throwing your body around can mean the difference of having tons of fun/showing off, to being seriously inured or damaging the machine from it rolling over.

-Hills whether its going up or coming down I will switch myself the machine pending on the condition.

Ive learned over the years that I am able to kinda push down with my inside foot on a turn to help slide the machine around or induce power slides/180's/360's/720's/1080's etc....

Post up some examples of when/how you throw your body around.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I've had nothing but sport quads before my brute, so when I'm riding I'll get right into the corner and almost off my seat with my leg straight out over the seat from being so far on my inside foot.

When wheelieing, I just lean all the way back and if it starts to come back on me I lean forward and then back after.

Mud riding is all about body language, I just do what I need to, to get out of the hole, whether its get up on the back racks, completely on one side, or on the front racks to reverse water wheelie out of it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Yea the whole throwing your weight around thing around don't really work for me. I weight maybe 150 LBS dripping wet. Lol :(

·
Registered
982 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by Adirondack Man
I use my body weight to keep the front end down when pinning the throttle from a dead stop.  Problem is that even 190 lbs leaning over the front rack can't keep our Kawi's down when they grab traction.  :peace:[/b]
It must be the CDI that makes your atv wheel so ez. I have HMF, jet kit and shimed and the only way i can get a wheelie is by sitting way back on me seat. There is no way my 750 would wheelie if i was to lean forward.

·
Registered
982 Posts
There is no doubt that the aftermarket CDIs bring our V-twins to life.  With the CDI, if I am on pavement, even in 4wd, I will lift the front end if I pin it from a dead stop.  Also, the red primary spring contributes to this, as it raises the rpms at which the clutch engages.[/b]
I'm not really looking to do wheelies on my brute, But I do want the power that comes with it. Yes, my HMF and jet kit made a huge difference but I want more power. Guess it's time to my a CDI.

·
Registered
982 Posts
You will not be disappointed.  A cdi is the biggest bang for your buck, from a performance perspective.[/b]
Yea i hope. The CDI is the last bolt on i'm going to do. So i hope to get some more power out of it. We will see.

·
Registered
48 Posts
my 06 650i is all stock, i weigh 291 pounds. i can lean forward on a dirt road and it still stands up. ive heard a lot of people saying the 06 650i is faster than a lot of 750s. i know if some of you own a 750 you won't give a straight answer, but i haven't been able to ride with a 750 yet. just curious.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Originally posted by jimmya
my 06 650i is all stock, i weigh 291 pounds. i can lean forward on a dirt road and it still stands up. ive heard a lot of people saying the 06 650i is faster than a lot of 750s. i know if some of you own a 750 you won't give a straight answer, but i haven't been able to ride with a 750 yet. just curious.
[/b]
Yes this is true. I also own a 07 BF 650 (not 650i) and it will run right past me on a straight road. I can wheelie it a hole lot ez-er as well. But again if I was to lean over then handle bars it would not wheelie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts