Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 馃嚭馃嚫
Discussion Starter #1
Did some research and found a new LED headlight made by J.W. Speaker:
J.W. Speaker 8415 Headlights

This is the same company that makes the OEM lights for the Brute and Teryx. There are a few places online that sell them. Usually in the $75-$85 range each. Much cheaper than the Teryx/Mule lights that Kawi sells and just a little more than the China lights on eBay.
A0DEBE3B-8FAD-4F13-874D-EF09E0AADC2A.jpeg
8ABF368D-B509-43CC-94EF-86E3FFC8D323.jpeg

Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 馃嚭馃嚫
Discussion Starter #2
8377CB25-34A9-4E51-BA5D-8A4DCD0A8F65.jpeg
04244A8F-4EAF-4D18-98F4-B2FF6C06FB03.jpeg

Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 馃嚭馃嚫
Discussion Starter #3
For reference, the first tree is about 10 yards away and the row of trees in the back are about 100 yards away.

The LED lights are in improvement, but maybe not quite as much as I hoped. Kawi claims a 20% increase on their LEDs (vs the halogens); I would say that鈥檚 fairly accurate with these too. The LEDs have a more even spill and a more intense hotspot, in both high and low setting.

I think they look better too, and that鈥檚 all that really matters. :sneaky:
DB2D3A30-FB38-41BB-926D-7555E69F6BA9.jpeg

Registered
Those are definitely an improvement but not sure if they will be worth the money for me. I put a 12" NiLight light bar on my RZR from Amazon and it seemed to throw more light for a fraction of the cost but then you lose the simplicity of a factory installed part. Hmmm, decisions, decisions. Haha

Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 馃嚭馃嚫
Discussion Starter #5
No doubt. For the money, they are definitely not the brightest option. On my other Brute, I have a light bar and a pair of cubes. Much brighter setup. I was just curious how these lights would perform since I've never seen anyone else try them.

Registered
That's one reason I was looking into them as well haha. Not to hijack the the thread or anything but are those the Maxxis Ceros tires on your quad? How do you like them?

Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 馃嚭馃嚫
Discussion Starter #7
I like them. Well suited for hard pack and rocks. Definitely not a mud tire though. I had them in about 5 inches of snow recently and they performed ok. Never got stuck but they spun more than some tires I've used in the past. Reminds me of an aggressive off-road truck tire. Smoothest rolling and steering ATV tire I've ever tried.

Registered
That's good to know. I'm in Utah so the majority of the trails I ride are rocks with some dirt in between. That is one of the tires I am considering going with but still deciding between bias ply or radial and if I want to go up a size from stock or not.

Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 馃嚭馃嚫
Discussion Starter #9
In most cases, radials ride smoother and handle better than a bias ply. Bias plys are lighter and cheaper, which is why most ATVs come with them stock. They typically wear out faster than radials, so cost is likely offset with future tire replacements. For a pure trail machine, I like 25 or 26 inch tires, depending on the actual outer diameter measurements. Some tires run big and some run small, so it's important to look up the specs if you're concerned about weight and center of gravity. I prefer a radial tire that is just a little larger than stock. I had 25" Bighorns on my 2009 Brute and IMO they were the perfect size for aggressive trail riding. I attached a picture to give you an idea of how they compare to the stock 25" tires.

Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 馃嚭馃嚫
Discussion Starter #11
The headlight design hasn't changed since 2012, so these will work on all models after 2012; up to the current 2021 model.

Reactions: Slydog

Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 馃嚭馃嚫
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, first guy cancelled my order. Went through the Retrofit Source. I've purchased from them several times in the past for HIDs and LEDs for my vehicles. I had a couple coupon codes when I bought these.

Link:
8415 LED Headlights

You'll need to purchase one of the universal mount models. Part # 552031 or 551191.

Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 馃嚭馃嚫
Discussion Starter #16
Not at all. It鈥檚 a direct replacement of the OEM lights.

Registered
Think I'm going to put these in my list.extra light is a plus. We do alot of night riding also.

Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 馃嚭馃嚫
Discussion Starter #18
I like them. Not the cheapest or brightest option, but there is value in simplicity. Plus, I think they look cool.

Registered
I run a light bar. But mudding at night can be tricky. We've had 4 wheelers Disappear had to dive to find them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts