Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 KX 250 all race, out leaning against my outer shed door. Anyone have any ideas on a four stroke that will give kinda the same performance level. Still keeping with the green theme? Or do I need to look up in the 400 class for the same power?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I assume you're talking about a 2-stroke 250. The latest 4-stroke 450 Kawasaki is supposed to offer comparable performance to a strong 2-stroke 250. It's really supposed to be a great bike.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya that KX 250 is a 2 stroke alright. Nothing like that kind of power. Too bad you gotta almost double the cc in a four stroke to get it. Thanks...Ed...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well, it only stands to reason.. with a 4 stroke you get half as many power strokes for the same engine RPM.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya thats true. But, people can piss an moan all they want about the smell and the noise. Too me it's fine I love the sound of a 2stroke up in revs it makes the hair on my neck stand up. And the smell well it smells race to me. Those 4strokes never sound like they tach enough and always sound boggy to me. If the V sounded like a harley that would be nice. Even that Muzzy sound is too low key for me. I know it keeps the land owners happy but I just hate to comply.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah the Kawasaki 450F is the Bike to get right now !!! :D

Sorry but the days of the 2-Stroke are allmost over, I think Yamaha may still make a 250 2-stroke dirt bike or maybe last year was the last year ??? :unibrow:

If you want a 2-stroke you better buy a good used one and a lot of spare parts !!! :\

·
Registered
254 Posts
Smaller companies like ATK will continue to offer them, for a while at least.

Are 2-strokes disappearing in Europe like they are here? If not, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of grey market imports.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know about where they are or are not. I am not a man about town. I basically live in a box. By that I mean very simple, and my borders are close. Things that go on in the outside world I choose to keep at bay. I'm either black or white. If I'm interested in something I am quite passionate about it. If not I could care less. Unless it comes into my world and I have to deal with it, I ignore and treat it like it isn't there. Narrow minded NO just the opposite. I just have enough issues already, that already consumes me I don't need any more.

Last night my lady and I had a "talk" about me on that KX or any other two wheel machine. I guess it's out! She reminded me that I am "no spring chicken", and I if I still want to be out there playing, I have to be on 4 wheels not 2. She's got 5 yrs on me (59) so I better listen. :lol: No really she's probably right. She at least is level headed, and is the brains of this outfit. :lol: So I am trying to talk her now into a wheeler for her. She won't bite as of yet. Ever since I barrel rolled it with her on the back of the sportsman and she broke her hip, and collar bone she won't get near one. Hey we were having fun, fishtailing back and fourth on that dirt rode at camp. We were laughing until we hit that rut or something, derimmed a tire, and rolled it. Accidents happen always when your having the most fun. Oh well life goes on. I'm talk her into something...Ed...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts