Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Vapor, haven't even installed it yet. Does any one know well these work? I've heard the tach doesn't work very well{jumps around alot}. How does the speedo work and all the other features? Is it worth putting on? It is alot smaller than than the pics make it look but I can live with that. Thanks for any input, Dan

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah I think it was 1st Quad that kinda talked about it a lil...maybe on Kawieriders? Just what you said though I think the rpm's jump...but I wonder if that is just b/c his quad is fast as hell? So I wonder if it could keep up with like a stock up too a 730 kit?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Since it uses an induction pickup like a timing light, it's bound to be slower to react and susceptible to interference and/or dropouts.

I wish I understood what makes normal automotive tachs unable to work with the V. I've seen Raptors and DS650s with analog tachometers. What's the difference?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I had a digital tach on Rappy for a while. For the money , it wasn't worth it. Like you say, You'd start racing up a dune, and it'd go from 4000 to 5500 to 7500. pretty hard to keep track of your RPM's that way. I have the Trail Tech Endurance on my Rupture now. Although the speed jumps around a bit in the same fashion, it doesn't matter quite as much. It is darn acurate once you level your speed out a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts