Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I took it over to drop it off for it's work to be done, and I let each and everyone there take it around the test area for a whatever they wanted to do. Most were impressed.

The last time I was there the sales manager Steve wanted me to try out the Renegade so I did. This time we lined them up as he said he still thought it would win, and he was right! As fast as mine is, and as good as it pulls just past mid he pulled me and kept going. The only excuse I have is I just had put the Blue spring in it, and never had a chance yet to try it, and I still have my bearclaws on the back with my steel rims for mudding that weigh 32lbs each.

I know I shouldn't have been ridding, but I was afraid that no one would give it a fair shake ridding mine, it was on dirt to grass, and about 500ft. It was fun, I'm doing fine, and I only tried 2 wheelies. :lol: I'm far from ready :crybaby: Besides backing it down off my truck that was the extent of my ridding. I think I'm gonna bring them the O/Blue to put in for me, and 2, 3/32 drilled mains so I'll be ready for the re-match. What do you think?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't think giant jets are the solution to your problem. If it's jetted right, it's making as much power as it can in its current form.

It's going to take internal mods to keep up with that Renegade. A bump in compression and a set of cams would wake it up a LOT.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd like to see exactly how fast a stock internal bike could be taken... you know custom frame and everything... just strip the **** out of it... be nice to hit 50mph up the hill with stock internals. :)

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jay, My buddies are putting in my FST 715 with stage 2's for me over there were I dropped it off at their shop. So I think a jump up in jetting, and the spring may be called for.

According to Mickey I now make my maximum HP at approx 7800-7900 rpm not at 6800 as I did stock. He actually thought it was another 1-200 higher but VFJ corrected him on that saying that was only if porting was done.

I also run 5/64 mains now, and have 12, 1 1/8" holes not just the 1" holes, and a 13" Muzzy canister with a straight through 2" perferated center. This was recommended to me to run as I was always having troubles jetting since making these mods, as I hate to be main stream. ;)

E

·
0 Posts
Pussies , I broke my wrist and had it screwed back together on a Monday and was skydiving on Saturday of the same week , made 8 jumps that day and even packed my own rig for 3 of the jumps .

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a slight difference between a break, and torn ligaments, and detached tendons. I only wish it was a break. If this don't mend correctly I could lose the use of it....Yes, the nerves are functioning as best as can be expected. Thanks for your concern. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts