Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve adjusted my valves correctly (in the correct timing and the correctly cycle) but it still ticks. What else can cause this noise?? Bike runs good. The noise is just annoying. Chains are new.

·
Super Moderator
13,286 Posts
I’ve adjusted my valves correctly (in the correct timing and the correctly cycle) but it still ticks. What else can cause this noise?? Bike runs good. The noise is just annoying. Chains are new.
How about you tell me how you found TDC on the compression stroke. Ticking on the top end comes from- #1, loose valves. #2 a binding valve in a guide. #3 a chain tensioner problem. #4 weak or missing comp release springs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about you tell me how you found TDC on the compression stroke. Ticking on the top end comes from- #1, loose valves. #2 a binding valve in a guide. #3 a chain tensioner problem. #4 weak or missing comp release springs.

By turning the motor in the normal rotation Watching the exhaust valves open then close and then watching the intake valves open then. When the intake finally stopped closing I moved the engine over a little more till I lined up the TR

·
Super Moderator
13,286 Posts
By turning the motor in the normal rotation Watching the exhaust valves open then close and then watching the intake valves open then. When the intake finally stopped closing I moved the engine over a little more till I lined up the TR
Should do it/TR for the Rear and TF for the Front..right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any way I can share it with you so you can hear it? I’m on brute monsterz on face book you can find me shoot me a message through there

·
Super Moderator
13,286 Posts
Good...that's a start. Now can you do one more then 8 seconds and walk around it with the mic about 2-foot away...and rev it a little so we can hear it on its way up and down. Some of what I hear in that video is not rockers to valves. Some of what I "Think" I hear is other valve train noise..the kind I have heard when the top end isn't getting the oil flow it's supposed to...or something wrong with a tensioner.. but let's hear more first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good...that's a start. Now can you do one more then 8 seconds and walk around it with the mic about 2-foot away...and rev it a little so we can hear it on its way up and down. Some of what I hear in that video is not rockers to valves. Some of what I "Think" I hear is other valve train noise..the kind I have heard when the top end isn't getting the oil flow it's supposed to...or something wrong with a tensioner.. but let's hear more first.[/QUOTE]

Let’s see if this one does more justice.

https://youtu.be/svLNwOeZsDA

·
Super Moderator
13,286 Posts
Man..that sounds like several things. Be sure to post that link on Kawieriders. On the left side I feel like I hear some valve noise like at least two are loose along with the drive chain for the water and oil pump making some noise. And on the right side I hear some warn shoes on the primary clutch. Over all it sounds sluggish...like there is a valve train or timing problem so might double check that. It will be interesting to see what the guys on KR have to say.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just posted there. But what do you mean by loose valve? The clearances? Or that’s something different

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue, then one cylinder with broken valves. Going to rebuild but make the intake valve seat face 1.25-1.5mm instead of 0.5-1mm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts