Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for aclutch kit that will give me alot more acceleration,and better back shifting,with out lossing top end, also I hear there is somewhere you can send a part out of your clutch and have it machined down to gain over 5 more mph.Can anyone elaborate on this and/or recommend a good kit, also thinking about the new double clogged belt fom EPI. I am running 26" MSTs with all the bolt on mods(pipes,cdi,jetts air filters and stuff) Iam also going to abig bore motor soon. please let me know if i can still run my stock tires. thanks in advance..I WANT TO BEAT A CAN- AM REAL BAD!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am running the Dalton kit with the spring and weights that they sent. I am running 27" tires and it is great! It gives me my low end back and not to much stall. Works great for me. The mod you are talking about is done by several people. I know that Vforcejohn over at kawieriders does it and with a same day turnaround. I think he charges around $125.00. He machines the shivs at a different angle to give you more top end. From what he says, he has had no complaints yet! Check with him for more information.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by killzoneq2
I am running the Dalton kit with the spring and weights that they sent. I am running 27" tires and it is great! It gives me my low end back and not to much stall. Works great for me. The mod you are talking about is done by several people. I know that Vforcejohn over at kawieriders does it and with a same day turnaround. I think he charges around $125.00. He machines the shivs at a different angle to give you more top end. From what he says, he has had no complaints yet! Check with him for more information.[/b]
THANKS that is exactly the mod I was talking about,also how much topend did you lose with the dalton?

·
Registered
106 Posts
3 or 4 mph if that, I did not loose much at all. I dont worry about top end if I am in first at the end of the 300' track

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Dalton kits work well with the V-Twins, you shouldn't lose any top end since the orange/blue spring that comes in their kit lets the motor rev up pretty good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will the dalton work with a pumped up motor or should I wait until I am through with choosing my motor kit and installing it??????

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would wait, if you get a pumped up BBK and the wrong clutch kit something is going to break!! If you are just going with some cams or some bolt on like I have, I think you can start clutch shopping now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts