Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

The Gman discovering Brute Force

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  NMKAWIERIDER 
#1 ·
Greetings Brute Force family,

I recently purchased a 2007 Brute Force 750 carburator version with only 300 original miles. Rode great until I under estimated water depth at Slades park and drown it.

Water defenitely in oil pan and can tell by dirt ring some came through the airbox and exhaust. Was not able to start again after turning bike up on rear ties to let flow out of exhaust pipes. Wate

1)What should I do to save it and get it started?

2) Is there a better aftermarket lid or product that will prevent air box water intake?

3) Will Snorkeling work on carburator model to prevent future occurence ?

#2 · (Edited)
She's gone now. Should have prepared it better...and yes, snorkeling it would have been the first step. Only 300 miles...Such a loss :(

Might get it running again if there are no warped valve stems, broken or seized rings, ripped-up cylinders or destroyed rod bearings if you can completely clear and flush-out everything from everywhere including the carbs and gibe it several oil changes. But you tool a hot engine and drowned it in cold water and mud. Even if it does run again it will be on borrowed time.

#3 ·
She's gone now. Should have prepared it better...and yes, snorkeling it would have been the first step. Only 300 miles...Such a loss :(
Such a nice eulogy. :cry:

I would have to agree. The engine will need a total rebuild. Maybe the damage isn't all that severe but hydrolocking an engine will take out rods, pistons, rings, crank, bearings, so expect a compete rebuild or find yourself a good used engine.

#4 ·
Wow, 300 original miles on a nearly 15 year old bike. What a shame. Plan on snorkeling it while you have it torn down. There are threads here and on other forums that provide snorkeling instructions. Don’t forget to drain and flush the diffs too.

#5 ·
Thanks for tips, I flush oil several times with diesel and 2 times with oil, I change plugs and filter and got it started today. Engine sounds good until I give it gas. It misses and and back fires a little.
Any other thoughts you have to share are appreciated?

#6 ·
Well like already stated, you’re going to end up with a rebuild at some point. These v-twins don’t tolerate drinking water.

But, the backfiring/miss is probably a carb issue or water still in the fuel. Need to clean the carbs really well and drain/clean the tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.