Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 06 brute 750 4x4i with 485 miles and 130 hours on it 2 days ago. I went out riding the day after for the first time and as I was going down the first path I noticed the temp light on the display was flashing next to my speed. When I bought it the guy told me it had sat for a little under a year. So today I went and washed the rad out really good and flushed the rad all hoses and resvior out and refilled it with engine ice. I let it idle for 20 mins or so and took it back out for another ride. While it was idleing the light never came on I went out on the ride and it came on. The motor doesn't feel any hotter then any other atv I've riden but maybe I'm wrong. I've also noticed I don't no if I just can't hear it or if it's not running but the fan comes on when the quads off? Please help I just bought this and I'm already wrenching on it...

Thanks mike

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
One thing to make sure of is that the radiator is completely full when hot and no air gap at the top. Next while the cap is off confirm that the coolant is moving as you can see it. If it looks kinda static, the thermostat is stuck and that's what's wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Im gunna work on it tomorrow I work night shift so I'm getting ready to head in now so I'll try that and see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
It is normal, on the BF, for the fan to run after the atv is shut off, if the engine is hot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts