Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
THANKS SOO MUCH. i knew i seen those pics around. yeah i would like to know how hot my bike is running so when its starts getting up there in temps i can tone down the throttle.

·
Registered
717 Posts
alright so i was excited to put my sensor right into the thermostat housing when i found out i got shafted. lol apparently they changed the design in 08.
WELL i guess i will be cutting the rad tubing and putting in a T fitting. :(

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bustamove @ May 25 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
alright so i was excited to put my sensor right into the thermostat housing when i found out i got shafted. lol apparently they changed the design in 08.
WELL i guess i will be cutting the rad tubing and putting in a T fitting. :([/b]
You know.. just thinking out loud, when I do a temp guage on mine, I want to know the temp of the coolent in the most important place there is, the head, and there just so happens to be a drain port on the right side of the front lower head. I was thinking how nice it would be if I could find a way to put the sencer there, where it counts....and where the first damage will happen when overheating occurs. See, if the water pump goes out, the coolent stops flowing, and whats in and near the ratiator will start cooling down, while the stuff in the heads just keeps climbing until its ...well...too late.

Just thinking.... :stir_pot:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have had mine on my brute for sometime now and i also did my buddies with a T fitting and it works great. just make sure you use the hose going to the top of the rad so you get the temp coming out of the motor. some have don't it on the bottom side but your getting the cooled temp going in then.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
jc are you talking about the right hand side I thought that was the side coming from the engine and was the hotter side?

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VTprairie @ Jun 5 2009, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
jc are you talking about the right hand side I thought that was the side coming from the engine and was the hotter side?[/b]
Yeah, I am pretty sure the T-housing side...the right side... is the hot side...and I think it does go in high on the radiator and the one coming back....the low one.. to the pump is the cool side.

·
Registered
717 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NMKAWIERIDER @ Jun 5 2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, I am pretty sure the T-housing side...the right side... is the hot side...and I think it does go in high on the radiator and the one coming back....the low one.. to the pump is the cool side.[/b]
yup i second that. because on the bottom of the thermostat that brass tube piece is what opens and closes the valve, hence its on the hot end of the cooling operating system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's the pic of where I installed the sender.This pic is looking in through the right front fendr.There's a perfect spot for it right on the thermostat housing,Give's the most accurate temp readings that way since it's reading the temp of the coolant comming out of both heads.The sender is 1/8in pipe thread so I just disassembled the housing and drilled and tapped it for 1/8 pipe threads.Works really good there since it doesn't add any extra hose connections that can fail or leak and your getting readings of the entire engine rather than just one head. The sender in the pic with the blue heat shrink is the sender I added.

Can someone send me these pics there not showing, I need to purchase and install a temp gauge on our 06 650i

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
This is crude...but you get the idea:

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
Something like this for the inline sensor is much better:

61 - 71 of 71 Posts