Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
It doesn't matter...I didn't need it anyway. Make a few passes and let it cool down. With the fan on a switch you can turn it on sooner and keep the temps around 165-170 which a cooler motor, the better.

Thanks for the info though.[/b][/b]
OK, I just wanted to let you know as some guys depend on that over temp light.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Why not just rely on the guage, and bypas the light. IMO, once the temp light comes on, the damage is probably already done.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When yall purchased your guages did they come with the wire for the sender? I just got mine in and it says"Route 18-gage twin conductor wire etc..." Mine doesn't have one with it and I don't know if it was supposed to come with it or not. It's an Autometer BTW.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Most likely it would not include the wire. Unless perhaps you bought it in a kit form. Mine was ordered and came all separate.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just a tip for the future. A 650 SRA thermostat housing is completely different than the 750 & 650i. Since our fill cap is located on the housing there isn't anywhere to drill and tap for a sender. Guess I'm gonna have to cut the hose and install a T. What kind of T did yall use, and where is it located, Before or After the Thermostat????

·
Registered
127 Posts
I used RTV silicone. I have my temp guage mounted in a 2" rubber coupling with a plug on the end. If I get time, I'll take some pics.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I tied mine into the headlight wiring now, but originally I had it tied to a key-on power.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i just installed mine today to get a reading as i havent herd my fan come on in the past 3 rides. I know i havent over heated the quad, but i let the temp get to 220*F and the fan would not kick on. I bench tested the fan and it is fine. The switch is new(little grey one under seat). What else do i try. I would also like instructions for installing a bypass switch so i can control my fan but still let it doit by itself when needed. thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Check the wires on the fan switch on the back of the radiator. Bet the wires rotted. Take them off and touch them together, fan should turn on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tried that this morning. Still nothing. I ran some jumper wires to the fan and it comes right on, but nothing . I have 12.2v going to the switch, but even after it heats up, it still only has live power on the one side. Im lost when it comes to electrical. Im gonna check the rear bus conector and go from there also.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So i have been in the garage workin on the brute and i finally got the 2 wires at the switch to flow properly. I took the rear buss conector apart and one wire was pulled right out. So i connected them all in there series and sodered and heat shrinked them all. So now i have everything workin, But i still have to connect the 2 wires at the switch(the one on the rad) in order for the fan to work. So im thinking it is the switch on the rad that is causin it to not kick in. Are these switches epensive??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Catzuki,

Where did you get the gauge from? (Your in the Edmonton area, right?), and how much was it? I'm very interested in doing this, now that I've read how simple it was. I suppose you have to take off a bunch of plastic to do this...oh well, Maybe I'll do it the same time as my snorkles...

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ya im in the calgary area but ya close enough. I got the gauge from princess auto. cost me 14.99. It was really simple too, I tapped into the thermostate housing. But instead of taking it off, i ran the quad for a bit to warm up and then drilled in so it would push all of the shavings out. Then i taped up 1/8" sender and installed it. The i ran power direct off the battery and tied the ight into the switch. It took more time to get the plastic off, but i was glad i did, cause the buss connectors were corroded and i had to redo them. But ya if your down in the calgary area, id be more than glad to help you with snorkels and the temp gauge and the fan by pass. I think im set for summer this year.

·
Registered
717 Posts
old topic i know. but i am not ready to do the temp guage install im looking for the pics of where you guys put the sensor into the T-stat. this post is from brutecentral so it didn't transfer with pics. if you guys could repost the pics that would be wicked

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bustamove @ May 21 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
old topic i know. but i am not ready to do the temp guage install im looking for the pics of where you guys put the sensor into the T-stat. this post is from brutecentral so it didn't transfer with pics. if you guys could repost the pics that would be wicked[/b]
I have not seen it put on the T-state housing but have on a port on the radiator or an inline adaptor.

·
Registered
717 Posts
yeah i remember seeing it. there was a nice flat spot for it. i am using the smaller electric sender rather than the giant mechanical

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here it is:

and

and in case you needed a little help with the install, here's a short vid that I made of mine:

Water Temp Install

If you're on the fence, get off of it and do it! It's one of the best add ons for piece of mind.

Cheers

Chris

41 - 60 of 71 Posts