Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a temp guage installed on their 750? if so , where do you tie the sending unit into?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so its a mechanical guage not an electrical one?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what brand did you go with and do you have a part #

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have one too. mine is from JTatv.com. this one is installed the same way, but has a built-in back light for night riding. i mounted mine in a gauge cup from Summit racing and bolted it to the front rack, so i wouldn't have to cut my plastic.

monty

·
Registered
141 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by Bunnycop
what brand did you go with and do you have a part #[/b]
Bunny, give me till this evening and I'll get some pics for ya. I have an Autometer silver lite electrical temp gauge on my '06. I get some pics of where I mounted the sender (it's NOT in a hose either
) and were I mounted the gauge.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here's the pic of where I installed the sender.This pic is looking in through the right front fendr.There's a perfect spot for it right on the thermostat housing,Give's the most accurate temp readings that way since it's reading the temp of the coolant comming out of both heads.The sender is 1/8in pipe thread so I just disassembled the housing and drilled and tapped it for 1/8 pipe threads.Works really good there since it doesn't add any extra hose connections that can fail or leak and your getting readings of the entire engine rather than just one head. The sender in the pic with the blue heat shrink is the sender I added.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here's a pic of where I mounted the gauge. The Autometer part no. for this gauge kit is 4337.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks mike, i guess i better order one of those,, we will have to hook up someday and trade bike ideas

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yep,we sure can. I have a bunch of them to improve and prolong the life of these Brute's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by Bunnycop
thanks mike, i guess i better order one of those,, we will have to hook up someday and trade bike ideas[/b]

not trying to be an ass, but isn't that what this forum is for?

you'll get some ideas back too.

Bigmike, that is the best install I have seen for a temp gauge. Nice work!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks buddy, I spent some extra time on it and it came out exactly like I wanted it too. I'm very picky about my stuff and put a lot of though into my mod's before I actually do them, no matter how small or minor they might be.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by Bigmike750
I'm very picky about my stuff and put a lot of though into my mod's before I actually do them, no matter how small or minor they might be.
[/b]

Same here.

Every quad I have had, I have broke down and reasembled. Greasing everything and using Locktite. When I brought the Brute home, the first question out of my wifes mouth was; "are you going to take that one apart too?" lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by ridesdirt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ridesdirt)
<!--QuoteBegin-Bigmike750
I'm very picky about my stuff and put a lot of though into my mod's before I actually do them, no matter how small or minor they might be.
[/b]

Same here.

Every quad I have had, I have broke down and reasembled. Greasing everything and using Locktite. When I brought the Brute home, the first question out of my wifes mouth was; "are you going to take that one apart too?" lol[/b][/b][/quote] Funny, my riding buddy's ask me the same thing! But then again I'm never the one broke down on the trail either!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Could I buy a water temp gauge for a car and use it on the brute?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes, i just installed an Autometer on mine... make sure you buy the one with the electrical sending unit, not the one with the coil up metal tubing.. ill try to get some photos on tonight for you, or you can look at bigmikes,mines the same set up

·
Registered
982 Posts
ok thank you that would be very helpful.

·
Registered
982 Posts
one more question? What is normal operating temp for the Brute 750?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts