Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to get new wheels and tires for my BF750. I think I will stick with stock size 12" rims but go with 26" tires. My question is how good are swamplite tires. I hear mostly good things about them. I want something that will work good in the sand, on trails and a little bit of mud riding. I also want something that I can run WOT down my county road without being jerked everywhere. Would XTR's be better or do you all have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
people around here have both the swamplite and the XTR's. i dont really thing the swamplites are that good of a tire, i think they clog up easy and dont go up hills good. on the other hand, i really like teh XTR's they hok up good everywere but i dont know how they do on the road.

·
Registered
18 Posts
swamplights are nice,but they are kind of soft and wear pretty fast, XTRs are great but are very pricey,MSTs pull,climb,ride,handle and wear great and are more reasonably priced than XTRs. I know I love my 26" MSTs!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have both the xtr and the swamplite. The xtr's are the most durable all terrain tire between the two because they are a hard tire. Sometimes I think the swamplites bite better because of the soft lug and they clean out as well as the xtr's. I have more fun with the swamplites because it doesn't take as much power to turn them being lighter than the xtr's.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have any issues with your swamplites as far as quality goes. Also I heard you get a pretty bad vibration at high speeds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have worse vibrations with the xtr's but I balance them and if they don't balance out ITP is good about exchanging them. The xtr's are heavier so when they are out of round or out of balance it shakes the atv to pieces!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The swamplites definatly clean out good or atleast my 29.5s do.. because when i was hitting some holes that some people with outlaws were the outlaws were clogging up more

·
Registered
13 Posts
A buddy bought an 07 750 with 26" XTR's on c-series type 7 wheels and loves them on the trails and mud but says they (get squirrelly) shake the handlebars on hardpack or roads at anything over 40 kph (25 mph). So he went back to the dealer and bought the factory wheels for $200 to ride around home which is alot of road riding and uses the XTR's for riding at the cottage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a brute force 650 sra and i bougt 26x10x12 and 26x12x12 swamplites and the first set was really bad out of round so i sent them back and the second set was much better. they seem to ride really smooth and have good traction but they still have a light wobble at speed Did find they did not clean out as well as i had hoped and there not that good in sand. they seem to weare very well for mr but they dont se anything but mud and sand for me i plan on bying a new set of tires very soon either 589s or highlifter msts or mud light xtr

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the 27" swamplites on ss112 wheels and i will tell you i can walk through holes that my buddies with 589's and xtr's get stuck in. I think the swamplites are a much better tire than the xtr's. I have also had my bike over 50 mph with the swamplites and the bike rides like it is on glass. I am a true swamplite believer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had no experience with swamp lites but love my XTRs. I have had them 65mph on a paved road and experienced no shaking at all. As far as mud they do well and handle rocks, hill climbs, and ruts with ease. I have them on 27" on 14" rims so they corner good too.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you like the MST's but dont want to pay that kind of money, you should check out the swamp witches. They have almost the exact same look as the MST's. I run a set of 27" on my 650i and they are awsome. I live in south Texas so I dont see any snow, but every other type of terrain they have no problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts