Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make this quick since I just got home and I am dead tired.

Me and Rockcrawler were the fastest 4 strokes there (that we raced). I only wish there were more people there, it was only about half what it normally is. Even though the sand was all trashed from racing, Rock hit a new high of 69mph up banshee hill, he says it was hard to keep it stable with all the chop in the sand and he had to get off the botttle a few times too, he said 70+ would have been possible on a smoother run.

My bike was running a solid 62-63 on 15psi and alky. Thats a new record for a 730, really good, and because my power is right there from the get go, and maybe because I can handle the whoops a tad better than Rock. He could only beat me by little more than two bike lengths! Only one other 4 stroke was even close, we traded wins but on a fair start I could take him.

I would say a full tank of alky was good for about 15 full throttle hill races and about 20-30 minutes of ride time.. BUT I have got to learn to let the bike cool down I had a couple of small problems that were all fixed by letting the bike cool down...

On race gas the bike runs like CRAP... I have am going to have to start over tuning with race gas, ever since I changed the carbs to run good on alky I just can't get any power out of racegas... I have a few ideas, and if it means changing the needles to switch back and forth from alky to gas... so be it..

I took lots of video and pictures, just races though... none of those aww look at the beautiful sunset stuff... LOL Rock video me destroying some bikes too.

Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQk5ujL5UY

--------------------

·
Registered
107 Posts
What size tires are you running metal? Is rock running 24's still?

Just watched the video. Looks like you are cooking. Bike was rolling out.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Metalalian, Nice video, What type of helmet cam do you use?

·
Registered
530 Posts
:D great video i have already watched it a few times...Congrat's you were rippin it up :nod:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cool

Thats one bad v.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys!!! Love sharing all my hard work with you...

My tires are 25" extremes... same old tires I have been using since stock.. and the only set of paddles I have ever owned for the V... LOL

RPM the crowds have been WAY down all season... I have no idea... maybe the combination of gas prices and the fact they double the price of admission... 120 bucks for a season pass now..

My helemt cam is not a helmet cam, it's a regular video camera that mounts to the tripod head I bolted on my helmet.... like everything else... I just rigged something up...LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts