Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had to replace the stator in my 2012 Brute 750 ESP .. After taking the old one out, I've noticed it is pretty badly burnt up.. Anyone know what would cause this?

It was an expensive fix, and don't want to have to do it again..

The stock stator (21003-0108) has been replaced with (21003-0134) Anyone know why? Any recalls?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
just had to replace the stator in my 2012 Brute 750 ESP .. After taking the old one out, I've noticed it is pretty badly burnt up.. Anyone know what would cause this?

It was an expensive fix, and don't want to have to do it again..

The stock stator (21003-0108) has been replaced with (21003-0134) Anyone know why? Any recalls?
Wow...that's the worst one I ever saw. Three reasons can cause this, The #1 reason is it developed an internal short on one coil and took itself and the adjacent coils out, The #2 reason is the main bearing gas enough play that it caused the flywheel made contact with the coils. That will show as a scraping look on both surfaces. The #3 reason is its being maxed-out all the time. The rectifier has either failed or you have over the limit accessories using power all the time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea what would cause an internal Short?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts