Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 750i with 9 hours and 50 miles(barn find). Prev owner stopped riding due to electrical issue. Did a tuneup and found there to be a spark issue. The bike will spark once on each cylinder on the first rotation only. Tested everything and replaced crank sensor since it was out if spec. Installed new crank sensor and still same issue. Tried actuator and cdi from another 05 that is known good and same issue. It sparks once on first rotation then nothing. Tip sensor is good(according to tests in manual), wiring seems all ok other then 1 roached wire(traced back no issues). Neutral switch is good brake switch is good couldn't find any shorts. Only thing not yet replaced are the coils. When I bought the bike the ignition harness was cut and all 3 wires were wrapped together. Read on mimb that that could have friend something? But what? Any ideas are helpful.

·
Administrator
14,493 Posts
First- you said it was parked because of electrical issues. ALL 2005s...and early 2006s have buss connectors that fail..all of them...whether they were in water or not. We have a video here on fixing that in the Brute Technical Articles. They were the cause of 99.9% of all 2005 electrical issues. Also pull the fuse block, rotate it and pull & check all the connections underneath. Next- insure the battery and charging system is working correctly. No jumping the battery. If it's bad, get a new one. Battery should hole about 12.7-13.2 volts static and 14.2-14.6 volts running at above 2500 RPMs. If after all this is done and checks-out and it still has a problem, you might have a bad CDI. Get a used one from ebay and try it...or get one from Dynatek.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery is brand new, already did the bus connector mod, replaced the crank sensor, tested with a known good cdi and actuator from another one of my bikes, tried a different tip sensor and it's still happening. Figuring there may be a short in my harness somewhere

1 - 4 of 4 Posts