1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
0 Posts
those are pretty nice.

did you get the latest dirt wheels? they cover that plus the polaris 450/525 quads. well technically the 525 is a 510 but anyway.

looks like a good start for Polaris, the Predator was a good machine but just couldn't hang with the other 450's that well.

I *REALLY* like the can-am ds450X version all blacked out. So nice! Page 16 same October 2007 Dirt Wheels mag.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep i saw it that is why i had to go to the site...Sense my quad is about done i think i will get another toy down the road that way Dawn would have a fun toy for the sand :unibrow:

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Bubbasoffroad2
Yep i saw it that is why i had to go to the site...Sense my quad is about done i think i will get another toy down the road that way Dawn would have a fun toy for the sand :unibrow:
:lol:

a certain birthday boy's wife is in the market for a nice riding wolvie... :unibrow:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol: Ya right she love's that bike :nod: plus she don't like shifting but would once in a while :lol:

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Enigma
Yeah, Ive been had. Probably going to see a wolverene in the stable next year. Trying to sell her on a Z-400 or better yet a LTR :unibrow: but no shifting.

The one thing on the KTM that is cool is the seat. Very similar to the LTR has that wide area at the end of the seat. That Can-Am seat looks awful narrow.
:lol:

have her ride cmoell's with the rekluse in it. you really can't go wrong with that setup.

the z400 does have reverse though so if she needs/wants that for trails?

a friend of mine just negotiated a brand new 07 ltr for about $6,200 out the door.

and ditto on the seat, it will be nice when the dealer finally has one to sit on and check out the riding position.

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Enigma
That LTR with the cherry bomb impressed me. Fun bike. Shifting was fun too.

They dont do so good on the dirt trails over here. Clearance issues. Most guys are going 21" rear & 22" front tires, belly armor, and re gearing.
Agreed I actually like the shifting, your wife might not want to bother pulling the clutch in though. And heck with the rekluse your kids could ride it.

dirt trails? who rides those? lol. the ltr guys have pretty good luck with this setup but definitely on the bigger tires, the stock tires are setup for mx only.

http://www.tagmetals.us/atv/productdetails.php?id=skid

·
Registered
143 Posts
I really like those things(that ktm motor is strong), and am w/o a quad right now :( , but think a yami 450 is gonna be my next one when i get done building this chevy. and 764 i know the preddy will hang with any 450 straight line, just too high and heavy for the mx in my opinion. i had good luck with mine and just wish i would have been geared right for those paddles when i took it out to the dunes. alot of fairly cheap modded 450's on yfzcentral.com.. not sure if we're going to make the trip or not, we'll let you know.

K

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by 764
those are pretty nice.

did you get the latest dirt wheels? they cover that plus the polaris 450/525 quads. well technically the 525 is a 510 but anyway.

looks like a good start for Polaris, the Predator was a good machine but just couldn't hang with the other 450's that well.

I *REALLY* like the can-am ds450X version all blacked out. So nice! Page 16 same October 2007 Dirt Wheels mag.
http://www.can-am.brp.com/BRPHtml/CanAmX/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts