Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

Sold my Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail

4K views 35 replies 5 participants last post by  NMKAWIERIDER 
#1 ·
Now that is out-of-here and after a few more winter months fly bye, I'll be getting a Used Brute 750 eps, at least a 2015 or newer. I have been looking and I like what I am seeing available out there but it will be an out-of-State purchase and I know I'll find the right price that I can live with.
I'll post when I get it.

#3 ·
Looking forward to seeing the new Brute...when it happens :) I sure miss mine. So much less BS to deal with then these SxSs.
Not me.
I like my SxS much better (my wife always rides with me). Can't say I miss my Brute at all.
8900+ miles on my RZR 900s and its working really well. Been pretty happy with it.

#4 · (Edited)
Nice, I sold my SxS last year and went back to a brute 750 as well. The only thing I miss my SxS for is hunting and if I just want to go for a quick ride with my kiddos. The windshield and doors sure were nice on those 30 degree October mornings! Other than that the wheelers are just so much easier to maintain. I swear I can maintain 2 four wheelers and 3 dirtbikes for less than one SxS

#7 ·
Guess I haven't had the same experience vs my previous Brute Force.
I haven't noticed much, if any difference in ease of maintenance or any higher maintenance on my SxS vs my prior Brute Force

#5 ·
I agree 100% turnkyle and I can understand the happy results with riderx as well, just comes down to choice these days and at least we can go with what we prefer.
I really didn't think I would pull the trigger so quickly but I found a 19 Special Edition with 532 miles, extremely well takin care of and at a Colorado Dealer and selling at Bluebook, so I bought it Today. Round trip was 9.5 hrs but I believe it was worth it. The Dealer knew I was coming in today, had everything ready for me to sign, they even gave the 19 a fresh oil change, had me back on the road 41 minutes after I arrived. (Outdoor Depot, South Fork-CO)
Extra's: I know what works for me for upgrade's but one of the 1st things that gets changed out are those 25" Rip-saw tires, I really like the ITP Terra-cross in the 26 size and I'll stick with the stock Brute mag wheels as well. May have to use some wheel spacers for a slightly wider stance, something I haven't done before, if they offer just 1 inch spacer's I think that alone would give me the stance I am needing.
I already have a nice Winch that i didn't install on the Wildcat Trail, I have the Energy Greaseable Suspension sway-bar bushing kit (something else I couldn't get to work on the Wildcat rear sway bar), get another set of the Direction2 Overfender's, rear Kimpex Case, already have a 1.25gallon flat fuel pack and mount leftover from my earlier 12'BF, Full aluminum skid plat pkg and a/arm guards (where I ride a must), I already have the GPS type mirror mounts with mirrors ready to go on, Powermadd Handguards, look into another Trailtech GPS, Diff-Loc Button and lastly when I can spare the big bucks a Full set of ELKA Stage 3 Shocks (which I hear are all on a 3 month back-order).
So, between now and a planned trip out to IN in the Spring I should have everything except for the ELKA's.
Hey Clark, it is Silver!!!
Hair Eyelash Lipstick Sleeve Smile

#13 ·
I agree 100% turnkyle and I can understand the happy results with riderx as well, just comes down to choice these days and at least we can go with what we prefer.
I really didn't think I would pull the trigger so quickly but I found a 19 Special Edition with 532 miles, extremely well takin care of and at a Colorado Dealer and selling at Bluebook, so I bought it Today. Round trip was 9.5 hrs but I believe it was worth it. The Dealer knew I was coming in today, had everything ready for me to sign, they even gave the 19 a fresh oil change, had me back on the road 41 minutes after I arrived. (Outdoor Depot, South Fork-CO)
Extra's: I know what works for me for upgrade's but one of the 1st things that gets changed out are those 25" Rip-saw tires, I really like the ITP Terra-cross in the 26 size and I'll stick with the stock Brute mag wheels as well. May have to use some wheel spacers for a slightly wider stance, something I haven't done before, if they offer just 1 inch spacer's I think that alone would give me the stance I am needing.
I already have a nice Winch that i didn't install on the Wildcat Trail, I have the Energy Greaseable Suspension sway-bar bushing kit (something else I couldn't get to work on the Wildcat rear sway bar), get another set of the Direction2 Overfender's, rear Kimpex Case, already have a 1.25gallon flat fuel pack and mount leftover from my earlier 12'BF, Full aluminum skid plat pkg and a/arm guards (where I ride a must), I already have the GPS type mirror mounts with mirrors ready to go on, Powermadd Handguards, look into another Trailtech GPS, Diff-Loc Button and lastly when I can spare the big bucks a Full set of ELKA Stage 3 Shocks (which I hear are all on a 3 month back-order).
So, between now and a planned trip out to IN in the Spring I should have everything except for the ELKA's.
Hey Clark, it is Silver!!!
Nice looking Brute! I went from ATVs to SxS and back to ATVs. I like SxSs too, but riding an ATV is just a different experience that I really enjoy. I may get another SxS someday, but I'd like to keep a Brute in the stable as well.

You mentioned spacers. I put 1" on my 2017 with the stock mag wheels and I've been very pleased with them.
Here's my thread on that: 1 inch Wheel Spacers

#12 ·
I have the Powermadd star series (ROX) handlebar guards on order, plus a Winch mount, dual usb port plug, motor oil (cheaper to order it than at the stealer). located my spare and never used battery tender (already installed), installed the gps mount mirror, fixed the taillight mount-had too much slop in the factory mount. Get the minor stuff done, not much riding for me in these colder months.
My riding buddy Dan will take the RipSaw tires off of me @ $300, this way the 26" terracross's will only cost me $250 shipped. New wheels are really getting expensive these days, so for now I'm thinking of just staying with the stock mag looking kawie wheels.

#14 ·
Thanks DLB, NMK also says to stay with the 1" spacer's, I believe I will do it when I get the 26" tires. My 3000# Viper winch is installed, plenty of clearance with the stock front tires but it sure wasn't easy to get it on the mounting plate.

Don't understand all of the complaints through on the EPS, yes at idle sitting still there is nothing for powersteering when you turn the handlebar left or right, that was not the case with my 12 BF. Get this 19BF moving and the steering is as easy as you could want, this is on pavement too, I can't wait to get it out on some dirt.

Need to go through it though, I have found missing screws, loose Speedo Pod was missing a key screw to keep it from moving up and down, same issue with the rear taillight except it just needed 2 spacers added to the stock rubber mount.
With this BF with only 534 miles on it I can't believe all of the loose screws I am finding, so I think it is best just to take the entire plastic's off and give it a good look over.
There was some odd after on wiring too, that I already took care of.

Took it down to get it titled/reg in my name Today, Kawasaki really makes it hard where they put the VIN Number but DMV was able to get it verified as the correct serial number (after a good 15 minutes later), I offered to take it out of my truck but he said he would manage it as is...

Top off with a full tank of gas today and added in the gas stabilizer, could be a while before I really can get out with it.

#15 ·
Nice to have your signature line say "BF" again..isn't it :) I was thinking about a quick ride in Jemez but I think we are about out of good weather...and they probably started closing gates...maybe. I just bought my MIG welder finally so as soon as I get some practice in I'll be doing that cage-chop mod on my Z. Should help a little in staying with you on.."some" trails..lol. For those that don't know, my Z Force is taller then most SxSs which makes it harder to get under and through some things. That's one thing an ATV has over any SxS.

#16 ·
Yep, I think the Forest gates are closed, saw some snow up there today from my patio, which is a good thing. I'm not a big fan of west mesa as you know. I may be heading down to Dans in Alamo for Christmas, probably take the Brute along if only for additional weight in the bed of my F350, not sure what is available there for any riding, bound to be some BLM land around.
One of the rear terracross ordered tires is on BO, common these days, sure would have been nice to have them on but the Ripsaws are a meaty looking tire...
We just need to get you back on an atv, with Dave looking to pick one up and maybe you as well, we can hit those other trail's that the sxs's couldn't do and those are the fun trails.

#17 ·
I feel you on the tires. I was going to get a set of Terracross's for my Brute earlier this year but in order to get a full set I would have had to order from 3 separate websites. I went with a set of quadboss tires instead. They seem like a nice tire but the jury is still out on those.

#18 ·
I have tried many tires over the years with different atv's, with my Brutes I have had the Mudlites, Bighorns, Terracross, Grim Reapers and of course the stocker's. Other than the stock 25" tires, the others were either a 26" or 27" tire and the Grim Reapers 8ply radial were 26" with 14" wheels. I had the 8ply Radial Roctane XD on my Wildcat in the 25" stock size. Presently my 19BF has the Radial Ripsaw 25" tires, these look very aggressive and deep lug's but I have read mix reviews on them.
The Mudlites I didn't care for at all, pushy in the tight fast corners and overall traction was not up to par for my needs, the Bighorns with all of the high reviews were even worse when riding fast in the loose dirt and on curves, the Front Bighorns would slide outward in the fast corners and really give me a big scare-almost slammed into a big pine tree on one ride. For an 8ply radial tire the Grim Reaper's just never impressed me but NMK Loves them. The 8ply radial Roctanes on my Wildcat were disappointing too, they were terrible in the snow and overall riding with them I give them a 5 out of 10 and they wear too fast.
The ITP Terracross 6ply Radial for my riding needs, riding style, pushing my Brute fast through the curves makes me feel I am riding on rail's. Doesn't matter what dry/wet surface I am riding on, not the best tire for deep snow but I really don't do the deep
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

snow riding anymore, mainly because the gates are all locked here in the local Mountains during the Winter months.
I upgrade to the 26" size(26x9/26x11x12) and I usually went with the aftermarket wheel but this time I will just use 1" spacer's and use the stock mag look wheel. Somehow though my used Special Edition 750 has the Black Mag wheels instead of the shiny Mag wheels, you would think I could find a full set of the new looking shiny wheels at a decent price from someone who upgraded to an 14" Wheel but so far - Nothing is out there.
Dennis Kirk had the lowest price on tires which blew me away, so after adding my state tax, the additional small fee for the extra weight of all 4 tires I still paid $70 less than any of the other listing's I looked at. Some of the listings were ridiculously high cost, hopefully others will research before buying at those prices. Even Ebay and Amazon best prices were no match to DK, heck Walmart prices were even lower than Ebay, go figure. Discount tire was overpriced as well.
I check with other off-road atv/utv listings as well, even places I have dealt with in the past including Rocky Mountain atv and DK still had them all beat.
So, with one 26x11 on BO with DK, not a problem for waiting for it to come in as the other 3 have already shipped.

#24 ·
Dennis Kirk has really stepped up their game over the last few years. I used to exclusively use Rocky Mountain because they were the best price, fastest shipping, and good customer service but they seem to be getting a little to big for their britches over the last couple of years. I have had issues with all of those categories with them lately. I started to shop around a bit more than I used to and found that Dennis Kirk has just as good or better prices and super fast shipping. Now I use DK and RMATV about 50/50 with Motosport thrown in the mix occasionally.

#19 ·
Yeah I loved the Reapers on my Brute..best tire I ever had but there are lots out there now. Like them on my SxS but not as well. Tends to be inconstant on power slides. Almost lost it a couple of times. The Bandit shocks did help with that though. Still great in snow and soft stuff though. I will be trying something else in the future though. Maybe just some good-old GBC Dirt Commanders.

#20 ·
SxS's just don't powerslide as easy as any atv does, I think it is more the cause of weight/height and the lack of body english when getting into the powerslides. Another thing I missed with my Brute are those awesome powerslides and that Vtwin sound and that low end power right from a pinned throttle.
I'm still reading different claims on the front variable dif oil recommendation, guess I best just check my frt diff 1st to see what is in there now.

#23 ·
When Kawasaki dropped the variable frt dif out of the then new upgraded Teryx 800 I believe is when the oil weight changed, somehow it got change in the BF Owner's manual, a few yrs back even the owner's manual stated both weights of the 10w40 and the 80/90, very confusing. Now it just states either 80 or 90 depending on temperatures.

#25 ·
Yep, I agree. I still get some of my other stuff from RMATV, like the UNI air-filter and they had the best price I could find on the Powermadd Handguards, which are now mounted with their new designed mounts-strong mounts for sure, I like them.

#26 ·
I have a set of Powermadds and the new mounts on delivery right now. I put my old ones on my daughters ATV.

#27 · (Edited)
Took some figuring at 1st on these new mounts but they will clear the handlebar cover with no trimming needed. I decided for now to screw in the arm all the way in, so the handguards are closer to the brake levers. They sure do have a weird look to them though but built strong.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Light Automotive design
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#31 ·
Took some figuring at 1st on these new mounts but they will clear the handlebar cover with no trimming needed. I decided for now to screw in the arm all the way in, so the handguards are closer to the brake levers. They sure do have a weird look to them though but built strong.
That’s quite the change from the original mounts. I like it. I got my mounts today but still waiting on the guards. I was surprised how small the packaging was for the mounts.

#30 ·
Dennis Kirk Deserves a 10+ Rating, Why?
That Back Order Tire arrived 1st Today and DK had it sent from a different business than theirs, the other 3 Tires are coming in tomorrow from DK.
I haven't done business with DK for over 10 yrs but for now on I highly recommend them before you purchase your tires, at least give them a chance to win you back.

#32 ·
I concur about Dennis Kirk. I’ve ordered several things from them over the past year and they’ve been really good on pricing and shipping.

#34 · (Edited)
It is called Double Take Adventures mirror, found it in the UTV section at RMATV, depending on what you need they do offer full kit's or just the mirror and the Ram extension.
Double Take Adventure Mirror Kit | Parts & Accessories | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC (rockymountainatvmc.com)

I had one before on the Left side with my 12Brute, I like them because you can take them off easy or move its position if need be for riding conditions (like branches and other that grab any extended mirror)

I used the Amazon one on the right side as it is slimmer in design Vs the DTA Mount. I did grind it off a bit so this Amazon gps mount would fit flush against the throttle assy.
Amazon.com: BRCOVAN Aluminum Alloy 1'' Ball Mount Base Compatible with Handlebars 0.5'' to 1.26'' in Diameter, Suitable for RAM Mounts/Cell Phone Holder with 1'' Ball Socket : Automotive

The downsize is the Ram Extenders are not cheap in cost but they never break, I am presently using the mid-size extender at right under 4", I also have the 6" extenders (!2Brute is using the 6"). I never had one on the right side on the 12Brute but I do now for the 19'. Once I go to a Larger and taller rear trunk I will need the 6" Ram extenders.
Not the best Pic to show the left side mirror on my 12BF.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Motorcycle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Plant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.