Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, figured we will need to get to know each other a little better anyhow, why not start here.

I am Glenn, 26, live in NE Ohio. Worked as an airflow R&D technician for these guys www.foxlakeracing.com for about 5 years. Specialized in Modular Ford Cylinder heads, and othe various DOHC heads. I know a few of you in here are DSM boys....We did John Shepards heads for his race car. I have an extensive background in engine performance, and suspension tuning. I drag raced cars for a while, as well as racing mud dragsters. Anything I can do to help anyone out, I will do. I am currently in the process of starting a website to market some of my talents, but I probably shouldn't be blabbing about it just yet. I Recently developed an intake manifold for the V engine, but it is in prototype stages, and doesn't clear the stock plastic. If it works, I will make a smaller one to try to get every last HP out of our quads.....

Glenn

·
Registered
254 Posts
Killer intro.... Here's mine...

I'm Jay, I'll be 34 in 12 days, in Oklahoma City. (Please don't ask what state like the people do when I call 411.) I've always been a car geek and the V-Force is my first quad. I got it in 2004. Most of my car experience has been as a wanna-be, but I've spent a decent amount of time turning wrenches and feel like I can understand anything you throw at me.

I work with computers and telecommunications systems for the Hertz corporation at the worldwide reservation center. Basically, if one of my systems crashes there are millions of dollars at stake.

For a while I had a supercharged Miata with all the usual bolt on stuff: shocks, springs, sway bars, 18" wheels, etc. I loved that car and still miss it. But I was playing in a band at the time and needed something more reliable than a borrowed 1972 Dodge D100 pickup to haul my gear.

After I got married, I bought another Miata. A beater for $1,000. For less than $3,000 (including the original price of the car) I turned it into a decent autocross car and replaced the raggedy convertible top. Doing the clutch in the winter in my tiny 1-car garage was a PITA, but I learned a ton. Problem was I just never had time for autocross.

My wife's dad owns hundreds of acres of cattle ranch land. Around the time I sold the Miata, I had taken an interest in riding his Honda Rancher. The wife gave the OK to get an ATV. I stumbled across this V-Force used in near-new condition for what at the time was a good price and, voila! Two years later here we are.

We had our first child in July, 2005, so I haven't done much riding in the last year. However, this fall is looking pretty good so far.

This forum kind of started on a whim. After Kawieriders got hacked at the beginning of August, I suddenly had nothing to do with my idle time (at work, that is. :lol: ). I'd had a hosting account for about a year, just for experimenting with web design and programming. I started playing around and showed Dave (764) what I was doing. After a while I just decided to open the doors and see if anybody showed up.

The site officially opened yesterday, September 7, 2006 sometime around 8:00 PM.

If anybody wants help setting up a web site, even just to play, I'm always happy to answer questions.

Flyin'-V, that includes your e-commerce site. If you need a hand just let me know.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I'm Dave and I have an intensely boring computer job.

Which means I'm on the forums like all the damn time so my brain doesn't stop functioning and forget to start again.

I have an '04 V-Force with a 764 (stroker 730) motor in it.

Nothing really interesting about me to relate sorry.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Originally posted by 764

Which means I'm on the forums like all the damn time so my brain doesn't stop functioning and forget to start again.

Uhm, cmoell might take exception to that last statement. :p

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Ya'll... My name is Jody(not Jim) McClure.. I have a 785 Vforce.. I'm a HVAC Technician.. I'm married and have a 2yr old son(almost 3).. I'm 31 yrs old..(almost 32). I love to hit the West Va. trails.. My Brother has a V-Force, My Dad has a Brute Force 650, both got into atving because of my persuasion.. Now I can't keep them off the quads!!! :lol: :lol: :p

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by JMcClure
Hello Ya'll... My name is Jody(not Jim) McClure.. I have a 785 Vforce.. I'm a HVAC Technician.. I'm married and have a 2yr old son(almost 3).. I'm 31 yrs old..(almost 32). I love to hit the West Va. trails.. My Brother has a V-Force, My Dad has a Brute Force 650, both got into atving because of my persuasion.. Now I can't keep them off the quads!!! :lol: :lol: :p
There goes the Neighborhood.......

·
Registered
254 Posts
Easy now.... :wink:

Welcome Jody, glad you stopped by.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So.. wanna' design a logo for the site? I have no artistic talent at all. :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
:shock: Whaaaa!?

Haha.. I should have known Flyin V would sell me out.

Forgive me? :cry:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Jay
So.. wanna' design a logo for the site? I have no artistic talent at all. :D
Thats OK Jay, I can't port a head either....... :shock: :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Jay
:shock: Whaaaa!?

Haha.. I should have known Flyin V would sell me out.

Forgive me? :cry:
That's OK... Me and Glen both got a good laugh out of it... :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by 764

I see your ADD kicked in. :lol:

Hi, I'm Cindy. 764's better half. I actually ride a really cool LTR-450, but I'm sure none of you will hold that against me. The 04 V-force was mine originally.
I am a stay at home mom with 5 kids (Brandon-13, Joshua-12, Bailey-10, Jordan-7 and "764"-38 :p

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi Guy's and Gal's....My name is Steve or Bubba whatever don't matter to me been called all my life..I don't know why though i'm just a little guy..And I love to ride...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Whats going on everybody.

My name is Ryan, I am 23 and live in SE Ohio. I travel all over the country for work remodeling department stores. I ride a 05' V-Force ( the faster color, of coarse)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi everyone,

My name is Josh and I am 26 years old. I work as service manager at our family business. I've been working there forever, started in set-up, moved to parts sales and now service manager. We are a outdoor power equipment dealer including John Deere (ag&c+ce), Bobcat, Kawasaki (Mules + Atvs) and Husky chainsaws. check us out www.bartronsupply.com

Because of the Kawie dealership i've been into racing MX (dirtbikes & atv's) for a while. I've never really been into the V all that much intill when I injured my ankle and couldn't ride MX for a few months. So to get my racing fix I decided to get a V and set it up for drag. Well I can't stop adding goodies and tring to make it faster so thats what brings me here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Im Erik 35. I live in Vegas and work for an Armored Car company. Armored Transport Systems. My interests are shooting, gaming, and movies.

I've wanted a go-cart/dune buggy/ATV - anything- my whole life but was unable to afford anything like that until 3 years ago, I bought a crappy little dune buggy thing.. it sucked and broke ALL the time but it did something good... it got me hooked on making stuff faster.

I knew nothing of engines, but I added intakes and played with the oil breather, added some metal body panels to the side, lots of lights. It was fun making it my own. I've built stuff my whole life even when I was a kid... I just never did motor sports until then.

What sucked about the dune buggy was I was UNABLE to get the manual. So without knowing a damn thing about motors, I couldn't take it apart.

Then some jackass came screamin by on a V-force. The sound was just so awesome.. He parked it and we walked over to check it out.. we were looking it up and down.... is that a V twin?..... 700cc?...... it's an AUTO?... I had to have one, and one week later I bought the Limited Edition Matrix Carbon 04 V... the one I still have today.

A few months after I got it I found Kawieriders and JS shipped me a Manual! Watch out world, Metal's got instructions!!!!

It's was over after that.. I didn't leave that bike alone for more than 2 weeks at a time.. and it looks REALLY good for me being able to do the super charger that I drew as a wish about 2 years ago in a wish thread on Kawieriders.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts