Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys grease on these brute to get them full water proof I've greased all major components but for some odd reason still kicks into limp mode even though all sensors are out. Also if you got no power to solenoid that's a rectifier right?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Everything in clutch box is removed so cant be from that I thought I got water in box but pulled plug n no drain I'm missing somthing here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What year and engine size?
Are you definitely in limp mode? Is your belt light coming on and you have to do the belt light reset to get it out of limp mode? OR is it just running like crap after you get it wet? Did you grease the spark plug caps?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol sorry 2012 brute 750. I'm thinking my rectifier went out so I'm looking at a better after market stator+ rectifier bundle. But ya greased coils n plugs I know it's a miss fire somewhere I pulled drain plug and no water. Yes after I was pulled out re set limp mode light came on. Drove 50 yards then wouldnt run longer that 3 seconds. Then all power gone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya it cuts out like it's not getting fuel I got a new pump,seal, and fuel regulator all work great. I tried jumping at solenoid and nothing. Idk much about rectifiers but that dont look good. Have yet to check relays though. Checked fuses all still good

Idiophone Musical instrument Automotive tire Bell Automotive wheel system

·
Administrator
14,493 Posts
One mistake people make about dielectric grease is - it is an insulator..as in it does not conduct electricity, which is good but sometimes the application of it on electrical connection it can get on the pins or swards or receivers and if..if the connector can not scrap it all off and make a metal to metal connection, it accidentally has a barrier between the two parts and that becomes a problem...especially on low voltage connections. Dielectric grease inside the connector around the the connection area is fine for keeping water from getting from the outside to the connection area...but there should never be any on the connections themselves. Most times it isn't a problem cause it scrapes it off enough to make a connection. But sometimes...it can't or doesn't. In the water and mud world I have long been an advocate of just putting a paper-thin coating of electrical-grade RTV around the outside of the plug to seal it off and not use any grease. If you think any of your connection has grease in the connector(s) blast it out with Braklean and Electrical Contact spray cleaner. Do a final blow with air and re-do if any is seen coming out.

·
Administrator
14,493 Posts
You can put it on the boot end or low on the insulator, then RTV the other side where the wire goes in. However it is high voltage so it may not have a problem but why not make it as easy as possible for it to pass power through.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man I'm going to have to heat wrap everything lol I'll look in to cleaning and rtv I'm assuming you ment break clean. Do you have any recommendations about brand of stators.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts