Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snorkels are an accessory :)

Anyone got snorkels on their bike, I'm waiting to see what I'm doing with mine b4 I rip into the plastic, or just wait for the 750 and then snorkel it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have my 750 snorkeled,i used Bayou snorkel kit and it works really good.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you install it yourself? My worst fear is installing a snorkel kit, and it leaks I take in water, and I'm back to step one like explained in my review of the brute.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well once you get it installed them best way to test your snorkel kit,is to crank your bike up and take a cigertte and run the smoke around all of the seals.If the intakes are leaking it will pull the smoke into the snorkel's,then on the exhaust side if they are leaking it will blow the smoke away from the snorkel.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Note to self.

When I get snorkel kit. Take up smoking. :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
Im sure that you know somebody that smokes,if not get anything that smokes and use it.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) haha ya, but thats gonna have to wait till next spring, you ever come close to putting the snorkels underwater?

·
Registered
190 Posts
O yeah severe times,i have sunk my bike completly under water.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've only sunk my brute once and after all the repairs it pushes me away from deep water, i'll still ride deep, but only if I know i'm gonna make it, if its questionable then i wait for another quad to go and sink it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
There's nothing wrong with riding smart,i do that sometimes but not much 8)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've came close to sinking it but only because I can water wheelie i was saved. bike started to float and tilt forward i hopped onto the back rack and gassed it pretty fast, thats happened more then once.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't have any snorkels yet, but come summer time 2007 thats one of the first projects for my ATV that I want to complete. Dual Custom Snorkels and possibly exhaust snorkel.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by ZR2
Hey Brute 650 sorry I didnt see this post earlier, I have some good pics of my snorkel in my sig.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rm125ranger/...anger/my_photos
[/b]
I've seen your brute from highlifter and things, looks mean, its quite like the set up i want if i decide to keep it when my engine blows then get a bbk :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you want the snorks on the side or out the center?

I have had/made both.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Center looks alot cleaner unless I had equal amount of snorkels on each side

·
Registered
197 Posts
What about when you decide to relocate the radiator because your tired of the constant trips to the water hose. Then you'll wish you had them on either side.

Go to a construction site and ask one of those Mexicans if you can have the scrap 2" pvc and all you'll have to buy is the 90s,45s, glue and Krylod Fusion . One afternoon, a 12 pack and your snorked. (12 pack of DR. Peppers of course.) :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dr Peppers disgusting! haha But now I'll have to see how I'm going to locate them and what i'm gonna do with the rad I doubt I'll be moving the rad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I initially had my snorks in the center.

I moved my rad to the rack and the snorks to the sides (equal ammount on each side)

Everytime I tipped in water I was done, I got sick of it and moved my rad back and my snorks back to the center.

Fits my riding better, which is; water, mud, water, little more mud, some trails and water.

EDIT: look at my pics, I have had both and have pics of both in progress. Personally I like the center snorkels better, and I think the bike looks more stout this way too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts