Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Damnation I'm tired.... We had a blast.. The cooks did another outstanding job. The food was slapyomomma good...We only had one casulty and two near hits... 2010bruterider had the first mishap at the moon pond. Made it across fine but lost a shoe. He moved 20 feet further south to come back and I had no idea of the depth over there. Unfortunately it was about 2 feet deeper. The snorks just barely tipped before he got it killed but it was enough. We pulled him out with three straps tied together and then I pulled him all the way back to camp where he got busy. It was worse than I thought cause he had mud on his plugs! I ran to town and bought all the filters, engine flush and sea foam I could find and three hours later he was ready to ride again... Very strong brute and he did awesome all weekend. Next was tony from LA that came up with limegreenbrute. He dipped his also but was albe to take care of it there on the spot.. Another strong pulling good looking ATV. The casuilty was Josh, another of limegreenbrute buddies from LA. He clipped the edge of a tree in a tight spot and the bracket that your tie rod ends attach too broke..Never seen that before.. We tried to wire it to the other one so he could still drive it but it would't hold. Went and ate dinner and came back with the smallest trailer we had at the camp to get down in the bottom and got him pulled back to camp... Overall an awesome time and hate its over. Everyone there swore they'd be back next year. The pics are attached, (hate photobucket) but it jumbled them up out of order and three pics are copied twice, and that's all I have seen so far. Hit reverse order if the first pic is not the maroon brute getting changing his oil on the deer skinning rack....Enjoy. got questions, just ask...My sides are still hurting from laughin so durn much.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Naw, Won't need to do anything.... I had to run the guys past these holes to keep the mudders happy, Plenty of just trails and technical stuff. I don't get really good pics of everything we do cause were ridin. Seems like its all muddin cause that's where I stop and take out the camera and take pics... so most the pics make it look like all mud riding. it's not... You would be fine, Hell, my bother has slicks but he likes that so he can slide around like nuts...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes sir we had a blast!! Lots of trail riding, we got to ride in a little mud, drank a few, had great meals. John's a great host. If you missed it this year, you need to start making plans to attend next year. I'll be back for sure. You can't beat that deal for a weekend ride. I met a lot of great people, and did they have some stories to tell? I laughed so hard that night around the camp fire. NMKawierider, we had at least 3 bikes with us that were 2 wheel drive, so you won't have any problem keeping up. Join us next year, you won't regret it. Thanks John, for a great time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes sir we had a blast!! Lots of trail riding, we got to ride in a little mud, drank a few, had great meals. John's a great host. If you missed it this year, you need to start making plans to attend next year. I'll be back for sure. You can't beat that deal for a weekend ride. I met a lot of great people, and did they have some stories to tell? I laughed so hard that night around the camp fire. NMKawierider, we had at least 3 bikes with us that were 2 wheel drive, so you won't have any problem keeping up. Join us next year, you won't regret it. Thanks John, for a great time.
Summed up perfectly Scott! Awesome weekend. You'll have to try to make it over to sabine atv park with us sometime, and show all these hondas around here a real ATV! Lol

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Very nice pics as usual. Maybe next year I can make it.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
You are more than welcome and I got a spot reserved for ya next year. It's amazing but of all the folks that have come from out of town the last three years, all were great guys, haven't had anyone show yet that wasn't a top notch guy and a lot of fun. Our guest this year was more of the same. Excellent guest and more than gracious. Thanks for the complement 2010BruteRider.. Nice bike too...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Hey all, there is a really big ride about an hour from here east on Memorial weekend. I got an invite today. I'll post up details as soon as I get them. They said they have anywhere from 400 to 500 show up every year. The ride ends up at the river where everyone can swim, cool off and clean up...I think I'm off and may go, any you guy's want to drive up we'll travel over together....

·
Super Moderator
13,286 Posts
Naw, Won't need to do anything.... I had to run the guys past these holes to keep the mudders happy, Plenty of just trails and technical stuff. I don't get really good pics of everything we do cause were ridin. Seems like its all muddin cause that's where I stop and take out the camera and take pics... so most the pics make it look like all mud riding. it's not... You would be fine, Hell, my bother has slicks but he likes that so he can slide around like nuts...
Ok, thanks..good to know. Although I don't shy away from mud, I'm just not setup for the "real" thing..hehe

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Thanks, yes it was. That's lots of fun. The riding is always a blast but the food and comraderie is what sets this ride apart from others. Nobody meets a stranger here and friends are made for life. Scotty from MS, Josh, Josh and Tony from LA and the Fogo's from N. AR are always welcome back as family members now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks, yes it was. That's lots of fun. The riding is always a blast but the food and comraderie is what sets this ride apart from others. Nobody meets a stranger here and friends are made for life. Scotty from MS, Josh, Josh and Tony from LA and the Fogo's from N. AR are always welcome back as family members now.
John, same goes to you and everyone else that was there! We're still trying to get a ride setup down this way sometime soon, and would love to have as many people as possible. Of course, we won't have anything like what you have for everyone! We really appreciate all you did for us, and I really appreciate the extra boxes of ammo for my AK, that was awesome of you. Put me down for sure for next year as well, and I'm sure Josh and Tony too, as they both had an awesome time! Thanks again man!

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Great pictures! Sounds like a lot of fun...if I were closer, I would have definitely been there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great pictures! Sounds like a lot of fun...if I were closer, I would have definitely been there.
It is very well worth a long drive, just for future reference! lol The food and people there are worth the trip, then actually getting to ride is just a bonus!

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
March '12 I'll be sure to bring along my Desert Eagle 44 mag but its picky on what ammo will cycle through it, only Winchester silver tips hollow points 210gr work the best, I'll be sure to bring along many rounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
dang, It looks like I got my brute and signed up to BC too late this year. I'm a noob to riding and this forum, but it looks like a BLAST. Gonna try and get down there next year. Mapquest says 9.5 hrs for me, but i could prob get a friend... Let me know ASAP about next years dates... GUNS BEER AND AMMO and now my brute the things I love.
Josh

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'll post up early next year. Thinking about 2nd weekend of March next year, try it a little cooler and wetter? Never know around here. May worked out great the last two years but started getting dusty the last day and had to ride to my know mud holes... Keep an eye out for rides next year and your in.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
dang, It looks like I got my brute and signed up to BC too late this year. I'm a noob to riding and this forum, but it looks like a BLAST. Gonna try and get down there next year. Mapquest says 9.5 hrs for me, but i could prob get a friend... Let me know ASAP about next years dates... GUNS BEER AND AMMO and now my brute the things I love.
Josh
Wow, another Josh! Lol welcome to the family man lol

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
That shiz is getting contagious,, I'm thinkin of swapping my handle to JOSH>....

81 - 100 of 111 Posts