Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Yeah, I'm taking groceries down on Thursday and not sure if I'll spend the night but for sure will be back down there on Friday morning with my crazy brother. Watch him close and make sure he doesn't try to cllimb in bed with ya... He ain't right.... for real....:D Cooks show up bout 11 and i plan on having some fish, deer steak and chicken thawed out for them to start working on. Supper served bout 7... looking forward to meeting you too.... Prob take a little night run after supper to check out the creek levels and the moon pond just to see how much water we'll have... Suppose to rain here tonight and pretty good chance tomorrow to... Drive careful and see ya Friday...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, I'm taking groceries down on Thursday and not sure if I'll spend the night but for sure will be back down there on Friday morning with my crazy brother. Watch him close and make sure he doesn't try to cllimb in bed with ya... He ain't right.... for real....:D Cooks show up bout 11 and i plan on having some fish, deer steak and chicken thawed out for them to start working on. Supper served bout 7... looking forward to meeting you too.... Prob take a little night run after supper to check out the creek levels and the moon pond just to see how much water we'll have... Suppose to rain here tonight and pretty good chance tomorrow to... Drive careful and see ya Friday...
The thought of the food you're already talkin about is making me even more anxious! lol And then a little night run, hell yeah! With the way work has been goin the last week or so, and the next coming weeks, this is going to be an awesome weekend to get away, and the absolute best way to do it. Ready to meet everyone as well!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Me too.... I use these same ladies to cook for the camp the whole deer season.. I love to hunt but the frickin meals are phenominal.... eat a big breakfast, Go set on the stand till close to noon, haul azz to camp and eat till ya can't stand it, go back to stand, slip off to go dig a hole and crap bout 2 then back on stand. Right after dark haul azz back to camp to eat again. lay around and moan and swear i won't eat like that again. starts all over again the next morning...Love hunting season.... Hey, got a couple spots open at the camp too. Got a member from MS already, two from TX. two from North AR. so a little travel must be worth it.. With cooks, bunks, camp, excellent hunting, 5000 acres all for 800... Best deal in South Arkansas.... That give you full access to the whole 5000 acres and house for the whole year, One member just comes to bring his horses and ride all weekend, doesn't even hunt. We have Hogs up to 450 and razorbacks, deer, turkeys, fox, coyote's, bear, panther's, gators and lots more...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Me too.... I use these same ladies to cook for the camp the whole deer season.. I love to hunt but the frickin meals are phenominal.... eat a big breakfast, Go set on the stand till close to noon, haul azz to camp and eat till ya can't stand it, go back to stand, slip off to go dig a hole and crap bout 2 then back on stand. Right after dark haul azz back to camp to eat again. lay around and moan and swear i won't eat like that again. starts all over again the next morning...Love hunting season.... Hey, got a couple spots open at the camp too. Got a member from MS already, two from TX. two from North AR. so a little travel must be worth it.. With cooks, bunks, camp, excellent hunting, 5000 acres all for 800... Best deal in South Arkansas.... That give you full access to the whole 5000 acres and house for the whole year, One member just comes to bring his horses and ride all weekend, doesn't even hunt. We have Hogs up to 450 and razorbacks, deer, turkeys, fox, coyote's, bear, panther's, gators and lots more...
That is an awesome deal! I don't really do all that much hunting, I'm more of a fisherman myself, but everything that you have there is a really great price for it all. And it's only about 2:45 to 3 hours away. Not too bad

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I got guys here in AR that are driving 5 and 6 hours to get here.... We got fishin too>>> Corney Creek, 5 ponds and others really close that we are allowed to fish...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got guys here in AR that are driving 5 and 6 hours to get here.... We got fishin too>>> Corney Creek, 5 ponds and others really close that we are allowed to fish...
Well, I'm lookin forward to seein it all up close and personal this weekend! Can't wait!

·
Registered
59 Posts
You guys are going to have a hell-of-a-weekend.
That is def the plan! With everything thats been goin on the past year or more with my mom bein so sick, and the past few weeks at work, this is going to be a great get-a-way! Perfect timing!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
You guys are going to have a hell-of-a-weekend.
Only thing make it better if ur azz was comin.... Plan on next year. You and SWF900 can split tha gas and you being the mod supreme will get a free stay on the SLUM....

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Took me 4 hours to go grocery shopping this afternoon, get it all to the camp and put it all up... Damnit,
4 heapin buggies full. $489.00.... Got down to the last couple sacks and had 5 doz. eggs in one single plastic sack and just as I stepped into the kitchen the bottom fell out... I salvaged three doz of them, had 2 doz broke and egg all over me. Could have thrown my sandals in the fire and had an omellet...
Took 30 mins to clean the mess up and wash the good eggs and mop and etc... I went back by Brookshires on the way home and went back into the store to get another flat or 2.5 doz eggs to replace the ones I broke and also picked up another large pkg of pork chops and ck. legs. Frick, I always over buy... and I happen to tell the cashier bout what happen and to make danm sure they double bag this one. She stuttered and said I'm not charging you for any of this and I'm sure sorry that it happen. I will make sure that they always double bag the eggs from now on... I almost fell out. I said are you sure and she said absolutely... I said thanks, picked up my free stuff and almost got to the door before I realized I still had my S&W gaurdian on my belt.... LoL, I don't know if it had any influence but I bet it didn't hurt....

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
OK, short cut for all you LA boys coming up... Hit I-20 and then go north on US 79. You can get on it in Minden. Drive North till you hit Emerson, AR. and right in the middle of Emerson take a right on Hwy 98. Drive till you hit the little spot in the road called Atlanta and take a right or turn east on county rd 85. go past an old church with his and her bathrooms out back, a big sweeping s turn past a place on the left with a street sign saying Harrington (that's his place) and go over the hill, before you start up the next hill I'm the next driveway on the left with big iron swing gate, There is a power pole just past the gate and I'll wrap several rounds of flagging around it so you'll know you just flew past it....See ya'll tomorrow. This short cut will save you 14 miles going all the way to Magnolia and then 18 miles out to the camp. ..

·
Registered
118 Posts
That was right on time Slumlord. I was just checking in to see what the chatter was like. Those are pretty colorful directions you gave. You had everything, except, you can't miss it. I just noticed my rear seal is leaking. I was changing the front and rear diff oils when I saw it. Seams like i just changed that thing too. Oh well, I'll get up early and take care of that.
Did you get that rain you were talking about? I'm supposed to get some tomorrow here. Oops, i'll be there! Ha. If you see a red chevy w/a brute in the back, fly past, you might want to come check on me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK, short cut for all you LA boys coming up... Hit I-20 and then go north on US 79. You can get on it in Minden. Drive North till you hit Emerson, AR. and right in the middle of Emerson take a right on Hwy 98. Drive till you hit the little spot in the road called Atlanta and take a right or turn east on county rd 85. go past an old church with his and her bathrooms out back, a big sweeping s turn past a place on the left with a street sign saying Harrington (that's his place) and go over the hill, before you start up the next hill I'm the next driveway on the left with big iron swing gate, There is a power pole just past the gate and I'll wrap several rounds of flagging around it so you'll know you just flew past it....See ya'll tomorrow. This short cut will save you 14 miles going all the way to Magnolia and then 18 miles out to the camp. ..
Slum, you're the man! And about all the food, wow! I'm leaving work tomorrow about 2:30 to go meet up with the other guys in Natchitoches. One of them doesn't get off work till 4 at the earliest, so I hope we can get on the road by around then. So, I'm afraid that 7 will be pushing it, depending on when he is gonna get off work. But either way, we will be there! Hopefully in time for the night ride, if everyone decides to. Can't wait man!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
That was right on time Slumlord. I was just checking in to see what the chatter was like. Those are pretty colorful directions you gave. You had everything, except, you can't miss it. I just noticed my rear seal is leaking. I was changing the front and rear diff oils when I saw it. Seams like i just changed that thing too. Oh well, I'll get up early and take care of that.
Did you get that rain you were talking about? I'm supposed to get some tomorrow here. Oops, i'll be there! Ha. If you see a red chevy w/a brute in the back, fly past, you might want to come check on me.
Call me at some point on the road and I'll save your number to my phone, When I see ya go blowin by I'll call your azz and say. ya missed it.... I gotta check mine out this morning too. wasn't going into 4 wheel drive last night.... maybe a fuse I hope....

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Slum, you're the man! And about all the food, wow! I'm leaving work tomorrow about 2:30 to go meet up with the other guys in Natchitoches. One of them doesn't get off work till 4 at the earliest, so I hope we can get on the road by around then. So, I'm afraid that 7 will be pushing it, depending on when he is gonna get off work. But either way, we will be there! Hopefully in time for the night ride, if everyone decides to. Can't wait man!
Pretty sure there will be a night ride, If your for sure your gonna miss suppercall me around 6 so I won't keep the cooks late. I moved dinner back to 7:30 already to give you guys a little more time. Pretty sure you can make it from Natchitoches to the camp in 2 hrs 25 mins if ya don't fart around. Get your 4pm buddy on the stick and lite out... If ya drove like I do with a fuzz buster and like I do (like I stole it) you'll be here early, make dinner and still make the night ride...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
This is me signin off till after the ride. Loading up and headed down after an ice and gas trip.. No Internet service in da woods.. I'll be back on first of the week if I live and I'll have pics to share If I remember...Wish us luck.....Hope not to have as many fatalities this year......

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is me signin off till after the ride. Loading up and headed down after an ice and gas trip.. No Internet service in da woods.. I'll be back on first of the week if I live and I'll have pics to share If I remember...Wish us luck.....Hope not to have as many fatalities this year......
Wow what a weekend! Great meetin everybody, and already lookin forward to next year!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Survived it :cool: !! Congrats!! Wish I could have gone...I know you guys has a great time. John puts on a hell-of-a-party. How was the weather?
Yeah we survived. You gotta make the next one! Lost a contact the first night, rode the whole weekend half blind, and only one 4 wheeler went down, my buddy josh. His honda broke a tie rod, john has the pics lol. And yesterday was a bit chilly early on but we couldn't have asked for better weather! Amazing food with a great bunch of people, definitely warrants a return trip next year!

61 - 80 of 111 Posts