Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may have heard me recently talk about my best riding buddy, he also happens to be my ex brother-in-law, he was married to my sis for 25 years ish, well anyway having known him myself for around 35 years you can imagine how close we are, more like brothers.

Anyway you may remember the other week I reported it was a real bad day, my bearings broke up in the swingarm and my buddy had a pretty bad roll on his new KTM 525XC, when we got back he couldn't walk so I drove him home and he left his KTM 520 Enduro road bike where I live, he still can't ride it because he can't lift his leg high enough.

Well this morning I had a phonecall from the post office to say my bearings had arrived for collection, In my excitement I rushed out to the car to fetch them and low and behold NO KTM! It was parked by my car but someone had come and stole it! now in Cyprus this is so rare as there's virtually no crime, what makes it worse is that he never had any theft insurance on it, lesson learnt I suppose.

Well anyway I just thought I'd share his misery, still injured and a stolen bike! he's going through a rough patch.

Andy

·
Registered
13 Posts
:eek: a KTM arnt those atvs like 9,000 :eek: Sorry to here what happened. I too know what it like to have something stolen right from under your nose. I learned that it is not the neighborhood you live in its the people outside your neighborhood that keep an eye on the more fortunate.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasn't his quad that was stolen, it was his 520 enduro.

Andy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Ray, yeh you're right, not wishing to sound big headed but there's probably no one on the whole Island who knows the trails better than myself and I'm sure we'll come across the scum bag sooner or later, there's no way he'd get away from me on the trails that's for sure, it's a small Island and the words out already. :ninja:

Andy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh you're right Ray, trouble is you know as well as me when someones taken something personal to yourself it never feels the same even if you get it back, I'm just glad it wasn't my V, i'd kill for that bike :angry:

Andy

H

·
0 Posts
Andy
Do you have the Motor number on the cace some times they will put the motor in a nother frame. Look when you ride not just for the bike but look at motors to.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by highcountryrider
Andy
Do you have the Motor number on the cace some times they will put the motor in a nother frame. Look when you ride not just for the bike but look at motors to.
Yeh there's not too many KTM's over here so it'll appear one day I'm sure of it.

Andy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Man, their is nothing worse than a damn theif. I've had my truck broken into twice last year, in my yard, and my bar broken into this year. Theives, this is for YOU :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by RANDALLPINK7
Man, their is nothing worse than a damn theif. I've had my truck broken into twice last year, in my yard, and my bar broken into this year. Theives, this is for YOU :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

I'm with you on that one :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Andy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Andy, I don't want to put a downer on an already crappy situation but most bikes stolen end up in the tourist resorts as hirers. If not in Cyprus then they'll be shipped elsewhere in the Med. Can you notify the ports in Cyprus to be on the look out for KTM's being shipped out?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I presume the police will have already done that, they love there paperwork over here and it wouldn't be able to leave without everything in order, thanks.

Andy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just thought I'd show you guys what he had stolen :(

Andy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're thinking of putting some reward signs up to see if someone will shop the culprits :\

Andy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the posters have gone up, lets hope if nothing else the culprits sweat it out thinking who may grass them up! :angry:

Andy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts