Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Brute Force 750i
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, hope all is well. I have an 09 BF750 with a bunch of mods(exhaust,clutches, lift, wheels/tires, lights, and a programmer). I want to go to a larger radiator and fan but can’t find a bigger setup. Highlifter made one, but I can’t find a current. I can’t relocate it because I need the rack. I don’t drive fast enough to move a lot of air when I’m hunting. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
2009 Brute Force 750i (KVF750D). Also looking for the fan upgrade to go with it.

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Hello everyone, hope all is well. I have an 09 BF750 with a bunch of mods(exhaust,clutches, lift, wheels/tires, lights, and a programmer). I want to go to a larger radiator and fan but can’t find a bigger setup. Highlifter made one, but I can’t find a current. I can’t relocate it because I need the rack. I don’t drive fast enough to move a lot of air when I’m hunting. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
2009 Brute Force 750i (KVF750D). Also looking for the fan upgrade to go with it.
Sorry, you won't find any radiator upgrades. You might try adapting the 2012+ radiator as it is slightly larger but not much or..have a radiator shop custom make one the same size but with two more cores and custom tanks...which was what I was going to do if needed. Adding an oil cooler will also help balance and bring down peaking temperatures.

·
Registered
2009 Brute Force 750i
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny I never thought of an oil cooler. I googled it and your how to is what came up. It is a great read. Sir you are definitely an asset to the community. Thanks again. I’m gonna give it a try. Are you still running that oil cooler you installed or was it still installed when you sold that machine? Was it worth it in the long run? Thanks again for all you do for us here.

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Funny I never thought of an oil cooler. I googled it and your how to is what came up. It is a great read. Sir you are definitely an asset to the community. Thanks again. I’m gonna give it a try. Are you still running that oil cooler you installed or was it still installed when you sold that machine? Was it worth it in the long run? Thanks again for all you do for us here.
I sold my Brute years ago and the oil cooler was still on it. It was probably the best thing I could have done for the engine's longevity. It took the oil temperature down from like 248F to an average of 205. It (the oil) never got hotter then 213. The return oil temp was below 90 so bathing the crank in cool oil as well as showering the top end with that cool oil kept the entire engine temperature close to the same as the coolant temp..which any mechanic will tell you helps balance heat expansion. Also after the install the cam chains and tensioner bars all but stopped stretching and wearing. I know this because I marked the teeth of the tensioners when new, then again when I install the cooler, the had used three clicks, then pulled one after 3000 miles after the cooler was installed and they were still on the same tooth. Amazing. The only draw back was it took longer to warm-up...especially in winter...lol. The tube and finned-type cooler is be best. The stacked don't work as well. I think I heard that the company that made mine went out of business...not sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you find that you've got a car running hot but not overheating there might be a few reasons: Clogged or damaged radiator. Low coolant level. Damaged water pump or thermostat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts