Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah odd that they didn't have spacers on the inner holes. Warps it without them. I might be tempted to add some washers...or something. I do like that they added the foot-well protectors. Very much needed. Wish mine had them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah odd that they didn't have spacers on the inner holes. Warps it without them. I might be tempted to add some washers...or something. I do like that they added the foot-well protectors. Very much needed. Wish mine had them.
Called them and as soon as I mentioned that there were only two spacers on the outer holes they immediately said "well there supposed to be 4 spacers one on each bolt hole, we will get 2 more out in the mail today. Also going to go check the stock and see if they're all that way." So looks like it will all be just fine. Very happy with them.

·
Super Moderator
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Called them and as soon as I mentioned that there were only two spacers on the outer holes they immediately said "well there supposed to be 4 spacers one on each bolt hole, we will get 2 more out in the mail today. Also going to go check the stock and see if they're all that way." So looks like it will all be just fine. Very happy with them.
Good. They are great people to work with. They just want it right.

·
Registered
36 Posts
MY Brute came with those when i bought it from the previous owner. he claimed they were oem but i could tell from their design that that was highly unlikely. Only thing i dont like is that they hold rocks and mud all over so its a little but longer to clean it but well worth the time in my opinion. Its nice knowing that your protected everywhere.

·
Super Moderator
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
MY Brute came with those when i bought it from the previous owner. he claimed they were oem but i could tell from their design that that was highly unlikely. Only thing i dont like is that they hold rocks and mud all over so its a little but longer to clean it but well worth the time in my opinion. Its nice knowing that your protected everywhere.
If you will get yourself some 3/4" heater hose and cut a bunch of 1.5" rings then split them, then drop the plates and position them around the frame all over near the mounting points and reinstall the plates, it will hold the plates off the frame making them quiet and water to pass between them and the frame making it a lot easier to clean. Worth the hassle...trust me...:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you will get yourself some 3/4" heater hose and cut a bunch of 1.5" rings then split them, then drop the plates and position them around the frame all over near the mounting points and reinstall the plates, it will hold the plates off the frame making them quiet and water to pass between them and the frame making it a lot easier to clean. Worth the hassle...trust me...:)
I'll have to add that to my to do list thanks!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts