Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is WOW. My elka’s came in today and I just got back from a desert ride through woops I could only dream of surviving before. I also have the precision stabilizer so keep that in mind.

I started off rather slow just testing the feel of the machine and worked my way up to 40-45 MPH over multiple woops 2-3 feet deep.

I felt like there is no way this big machine could handle deep whoops but it always did to my amazement.

Every time it felt like I was going to biff it, the machine some how recovered.

So I can say I’m thoroughly impressed and amazed with this setup. I replaced my Works shocks with these Elkas and there is no comparison. To be fair the Works only had spring compression and pre-load. The Elkas have piggy back reservoir, pre-load, slow compression and most important of all rebound.

Anyone that thinks Elka shocks are over priced I’ll argue these elkas are worth every penny especially for anyone wanting to haul ass through the desert.

I called Elka and let them know my thoughts of their suspension. They were very interested and even took notes about settings machine tested etc.

Happy trails

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BF Freak @ May 14 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great review Brutal rider. I too have the Precision Stablizer and can't say enough good about it. I can only dream of Elkas though. Someday...maybe...

So you too ride the desert. Where abouts are you Brutal rider?[/b]
Thanks I ride in Utah and Arizona.
You will love the Elka's when you get them. I seriously think I can compete with sports bikes with this setup.
I'm still smiling after my ride. These same whoops would buck me off if I had tried to go over 10-15 mph before.

·
Super Moderator
13,310 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brutal rider @ May 14 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks I ride in Utah and Arizona.
You will love the Elka's when you get them. I seriously think I can compete with sports bikes with this setup.
I'm still smiling after my ride. These same whoops would buck me off if I had tried to go over 10-15 mph before.[/b]
OK...that's it... I'm saving for my elkas. :stir_pot:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you get ready to buy, I saved over 600 through worldwideperformance. Direct from Elka shocks would of been 2570 plus shipping. My total was 1,960 shipped.
Just a note Elka says all shocks should be sold retail so there is no under cutting in price. My dealer could not match the above price. Shocks are shipped Fed-ex directly from Elka and it took about 17 days total from when I ordered.
Just tell them riding style and weight of rider and gear. My riding style was aggressive trail riding some whoops. Added 15 lbs to my weight to cover winch and apparel.
Shocks were sent 22 clicks compression, 8 clicks from stiffest setting on compression and +4 dyno(rebound) . Ride even at 22 clicks is nice and soft.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BF Freak @ May 14 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the info. I like savings... :) So are those the PB36CR's all the way around? or are the fronts different from the rears.[/b]
All the way around.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Elka's are the real deal, I custom ordered mine thru Elka, I had the make them 1" longer than usual so I could still run my 30" mudlites in the summer, they work great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have had my Elka,s now for two years and love them.
Welcome to the Elka family.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enigma @ May 15 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My Elkas work very well on the V. Its time for routine service though. I think I will try Noleen J6. Clark Jones is a guru. Team suzuki mastermind suspension tuner.[/b]
Looking at their service prices they look cheaper then what elka would do it for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts