Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new here and I can't find anything anywhere on this. 2 days ago I brought a 2018 750 home. I wanted a reverse light so I used the wires in the back that hang there. It worked fine when I did i texted it. I mounted it on and wired it and since then it will not work. It's a 6" led bar. Is there a fuse for those connecters? If I hold the wires on the other one that hangs there the light turns on.

·
Super Moderator
13,444 Posts
Hi guys I'm new here and I can't find anything anywhere on this. 2 days ago I brought a 2018 750 home. I wanted a reverse light so I used the wires in the back that hang there. It worked fine when I did i texted it. I mounted it on and wired it and since then it will not work. It's a 6" led bar. Is there a fuse for those connecters? If I hold the wires on the other one that hangs there the light turns on.
You better get the free manual we provide and look up those connections in the wiring diagram. In previous years there was one that supplied keyed power and one that provided a ground trigger in the MA range for when it was in reverse..that means it was NEVER intended to provide a ground for the light, only a ground trigger for a relay. You can take out your ECU or pod doing it wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The bullet end connections are for use with reverse light. The other connector that looks like one you see on the old shumacker chargers is constant power all the time. If you disconnected and then reconnected you probably blew a fuse. If you used a harness the fuse is inline. If not you will need to trace it back. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The bullet end connections are for use with reverse light. The other connector that looks like one you see on the old shumacker chargers is constant power all the time. If you disconnected and then reconnected you probably blew a fuse. If you used a harness the fuse is inline. If not you will need to trace it back. Hope this helps.
Also, the keyed bullet connections are rated at 18 watts so you might have blown a fuse with 6 inch led on initial start up of the light. The constant power connection will handle more load but you would need to add a switch.

·
Super Moderator
13,444 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have up to the 2014s but should be pretty much the same on most everything except the EFI and O2 stuff. Here's a link. Just download it.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/65637628-9a12-4e9b-809e-8c607a359393
Thank you very much. it's going to come in handy when i work on my quad. I'm at 4hrs on my clock right now. just got all the fluids to do the 10hrs first maintenance on it. Will refer to the manual for proper precedure. thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts