Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a work capacity for 5 days to grind then back out for carpal tunnel surgery. :lol:

They re-attached my ligaments to the tendons in my left hand, and all has gone well. I put myself through my own coarse of rehab, with the Doc's approval, and have gotten great results in 8 weeks. My next surgery was written in for the 6th on Nov, and there was no way around sliding on those 5 days, and had to return to work, and to Grind steel no less.

I spent the afternoon in a meeting with people from the company I work for trying to get them to see my point they all did, and agreed. But, said that if they put their name on it that they had no work for me they would be "on the outside looking in". And that I needed to make the best of the week.

I went to workers comp, and my doctor first they both said don't worry they won't put you back to grind they will find you something else for that week. Well I guess they were wrong..

I'm union and their hands are tied this is all company being medical.. So.. General Dynamics the corporate bastards that own us once again send a strong message that they really care about their work force. In 20 years I've had 6 surgeries work related on my hands alone. This last one I just got my first check 2 weeks ago. Now it will start all over... I know it's my job, and I'm not afraid to do it, and I am proud to do it. But, I also am not ready, and in the 5 days of doing it fighting them daily I'll be gone, and they know it, and thats why they are doing it. Because if I refuse it I will be the one outside looking in.

Thanks for listening...

·
0 Posts
sorry your job is being such a punk biotch flipper, that's just damn uncaring if you ask me. :\

best wishes for your next surgery and a good recovery.

Dave

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've been doing stretches at work since Hector was a pup, and if your in the department I'm in it is a good idea. When we chip welded deck seams we actually go 5 on 5 off then "shake it out", before flush grinding it....Anyway I hope your right but I already have my assigned area to report to, and it don't look good.

I don't want to come across as a whiner but I always thought I was a tough SOB, and finally saw what could happen from pushing myself too far. Now I'm trying to step back but it seems they are wanting the person that left, not the person that learned from his addiction, and always having to take the bull by the horns. I'll be 55 in March I think it's time for me to pass the torch. They just won't friggin' let me....If I could only tell them this as easy as all of you! ....Pride is a tough thing to swallow, if I could just say NO I can't do it, instead of I'll do the best I can. I might be better off...I guess it's called work ethics.

Thanks again for listening...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts