Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 750 Special Edition and it is overheating due to the fan not turning on. The temperature light does not come on either. The radiator fan breaker is good, the radiator fan relay is working when I test it, the fan fuse is good. I applied 12 volts directly to the fan and it works. What input(s) does the ecu use to determine when it sends power to the yellow wire on the relay? I am hoping my ecu has not failed and want to rule everything else out. I should also mention that the resistance through the water temperature sensor is within spec at room temperature. Any input is greatly appreciated. I hope I am overlooking something minor.
Thanks
Nic

·
Super Moderator
13,443 Posts
The ECU uses the water temp sensor to run the fan and light the HOT light when needed. Sounds like you age ruled-out most everything except a few connections...including the ECU connector...and the ECU itself. Did you or anyone else add diaelectric grease to the ECU's connections? That has been known to cause some issues. Normally it's the fan breaker that fails on these though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not put any dielectric grease on the connector and there doesn’t appear to be any on it.
I’ve been doing a lot of reading about this and I have read about some pretty high temperatures before the fan comes on. At what temperature is the fan supposed to come on? Also, at what temperature is the hot light supposed to come on at?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know how I can check the temperature sensor on the 2015 model? Can I jumper the connector somehow like the older models?

·
Super Moderator
13,443 Posts
The service manual outlines how to test the sensor and no, can't be jumped like the old ones. However you can put a bypass switch in. It will either power or ground trigger the relay but I recommend finding and fixing the problem.

I believe they are still using basiclly the same system they used on the 08-11s. If so this will help you if you want to put a bypass switch in. Do the #1 option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts