Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 750i brute and have had tons of overheating issues. I mainly trail ride, and do a lot of smaller food plots for hunting. I generally stay out of the mud for the most part. I have put a higher cfm fan on it when the old one went out, and have cleaned the radiator and keep it clean. It still overheats every time I pull a small atv disk with it. The radiator gets a lot of seed heads and grain in it from riding through high grass to get from plot to plot, and around our farm. I just ordered a fundy water pump impeller kit to help at low speeds, but am wanting to make sure I don't overheat when it comes time for plotting. I plan on running engine ice, and checking the thermostat when the bike is apart. I am also either going to put a highlifter triple core kit in it or rack the stock radiator. I would like to keep my rack if all possible, but don't think spending an extra 200 and still having to babysit my radiator all the time is worth it. I will happily give up my rack if I am assured it will solve the problem. If I were rich I'd do both, but it's not financially possible. The highlifter kit is a stretch now. What are your suggestions? I don't have access to a shop very often with my job, so it's kind of a do it once and get it right situation. I appreciate all and any suggestions you have for me.

·
Super Moderator
13,840 Posts
Sounds like your biggest problem is seed pods and junk blocking the airflow. The stock radiator can't have even the corners blocked and have enough surface area let alone a mass amount of the center area. Increasing surface area or guarding the existing surface area ...or both....should be the focus. While apart I would pressure wash from the fan side back to the front side every inch of it and look through it to make sure all of it is open and if there is a way to screen the front side in keeping it at least 2" away from it I would make something. Maybe across the front frame section, then across the top and bottom somehow. If I had the money, yes I would also do the HL triple core or talk with a radiator shop about making a special radiator for it. I have a friend at a radiator shop says for 200 bucks he can build me a 4-core with Volvo tanks that will bolt right in and cool a V6. So might see what a shop can do before buying that HL. An oil cooler also helps a great deal on overall engine temperatures but I think you need to get the radiator situation sorted-out first.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Im mostly trails (and some mud) and gave up my rack space and have not overheated (except a few times since I did vfj's stage 3 w spider mod...long WOT runs get her a lil warm). I made the MIMB rad relocate. It cost me 10-20 bucks but I have a lot of scrap metal in my machine shop. I have the rad angled pretty low but I'm reconsidering raising it higher it since I did the MSD and stage 3. I don't have mud or seeds packing my rad anymore I spray it w coil clean now and then and it's been pretty clean

Wow 200 bucks for a custom rad! that I'd jump on I guess I should ask some local shops. The HL is too pricy for me. I'd rather get full exhaust for that much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts