Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

Problem starting! 1-2 sec of good spark then GONE!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  KawAndresv 
#1 ·
i have a problem with my brute 650, I have check the battery, coils, cdi, crankshaft position sensor all related to the ingnition, everything looks good as it is in the spects of the manual, and i cant get it to start.

i notice that I have good spark just 1-2 seconds when I hit the green start button then it is gone. The only way I could make it start was putting a battery direct to the starter and then open the key and it fire right away but it has a massive cloud of white smoke coming from the exhaust.

some where here I read about the crankshaft position sensor acting up with water and Not doing it’s work. Does anyone know about this? I’m thinking the oil has water I’ll Check tomorrow.

thanks for reading and helping me out with this

#2 ·
i have a problem with my brute 650, I have check the battery, coils, cdi, crankshaft position sensor all related to the ingnition, everything looks good as it is in the spects of the manual, and i cant get it to start.

i notice that I have good spark just 1-2 seconds when I hit the green start button then it is gone. The only way I could make it start was putting a battery direct to the starter and then open the key and it fire right away but it has a massive cloud of white smoke coming from the exhaust.

some where here I read about the crankshaft position sensor acting up with water and Not doing it’s work. Does anyone know about this? I’m thinking the oil has water I’ll Check tomorrow.

thanks for reading and helping me out with this
If the oil had water or coolant in it, it would cause some problems with the pulse coil and the stator but you would see that it looks milky. But also a leaking head gasket would leak some into the cylinder and cause a white..ish cloud when burning...so you have some more testing to do. Also test the roll-over or vehicle down sensor. It may have an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.