#1 ·
This is my 06 KVF 650
I removed the carb and cleaned, was very clean on the inside
Removed and cleaned jets
There was no change in the fluttering of the slides or the popping

Here's a video of the issue

Thanks for your time

#3 ·
Removed the carb's again. Totally disassembled , soaked the body in carb cleaner overnight and reassembled with a carb rebuild kit.
Popping is worse.
Checked the valve lash and they were good.

I don't know what else to do.
Looking for a shop that will work on it but the only one I have found so far is a dealer an hour away with a three week wait.

Any help is appreciated

#4 ·
One thing is all CVK carbs will run extremely lean without the full airbox installed and will pop back through the carbs...but not usually until above 2800 RPM...so..yours doing it so close to idle says either there is a valve leak, valve timing issue or the slow or pilot circuit is restricted in that carb...or the there is a bad vacuum leak in the boot...or that float level is below the minimum. It could also mean the choke plunger seal is broken and leaking very badly. So check those things.

#8 ·
Pulled the carb, again.
Boots are in good shape, no cracks.
Disassembled and sprayed and used compressed air.
Reassembled entire machine, as this was my last attempt.
Running the same, popping.
Going to the shop next week.
Will report back after.

Thanks for the help NMKAWIERIDER

#9 ·
I hate when people don't follow up with the resolution of a problem that they asked for help on forums.

I don't own this machine, it belongs to a distant friend who asked to store it for him and in return I could use it.
I've discovered this guy has a major character flaw, Cheap, Cheap, Cheap.

When I told him I was going to take it to a shop as it was not exceptable to me to store it in none working order, He (cheap) said he has a mechanic friend that would look at it for free and diagnose the problem. Well, the friend turned out to be a drunk who, after over a month of saying he was going to come, never showed up.

I decided to try one more time. I purchased a carb. rebuild kit and took the carb. off AGAIN. Disassembled it, soaked it in carb. cleaner overnight and reassembled. No change !!!

Had some words with the owner and he agreed to taking it to the shop.
Shop pulled the carb. and checked it again, couldn't find anything and reassembled.
Still popping
Pulled it again and disassembled. Put the original Kawasaki jets and parts through there sonic cleaner and reassembled.

They called and said it was running great !!!
Said they didn't know why but assumed there was something stuck in one of the passages that finally came out.

This has been a very time consuming and frustrating experience.
Hoping to get to finally use it as was planned

Thanks for all the help

#10 ·
Great! Those passages are so small and sometimes even conventional dipping/vatting won't clear some of the stuff that collects in them. I had one from a friend that had just a little water trapped/sitting in the slow/pilot track and corroded it shut. It sat in his shop for several years. Nothing I did could open it back up and had to replace it. I cut it open with my band saw to see that problem. Glad your headache is fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.