Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

Which web site do you use to host your photos, video or other content that you want to share with pe

• YouTube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Putfile

• Photobucket

• None - I only upload directly to the forum.

• Other - Please specify by replying to this topic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which web site do you use to host your photos, video or other content that you want to share with people on the Internet?

If selecting "Other" please reply with the name of the site.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Normally I just use my own webservers to store the photo or Video.

I also use pictiger.com to quickly upload a picture.. If you only have a couple pictures to post, they are pretty easy to use.. And also give you the code to paste into the forums..

i like it because you don't need to signup and they create a nice thumbnail for ya.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you just upload a pic and it's not associated with a user account? What happens if you misplace your link? How would to go locate your pic again?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just upload it again.. I've never tried searching the site for pictures that I uploaded.. If I want the same picture on another site. I normally just find my post on a previous site, then edit/copy the link from there.

Like I said, its for those 1 or 2 pictures I want to display quickly.

Otherwise I just upload them to my servers.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just thinking from a system administrator perspective. Do the photos you upload without creating an account eventually expire and get purged from their server? I guess they could check for hits to that URL and purge those that haven't been hit in a long time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Its not a photo storage place to store photos like the webshots or other places.

Its a quick place to upload a photo and link it in a post. Yes after a while of no views, I believe they do expire out the photos. But normally by that time, they have served their purpose.

I have photo's that were put on there months ago, and are still available.. Will they be there next year? Who knows, but I use it for quick photos. Anything perm and I use my own servers..

It was just a site thats free, and for the PC dummies, was easy for them to get a picture online without creating an account etc.. More advanced users would use one of the other services.

I think I'm going to load up coppermine and just sort out all my pictures like that, then I don't have to worry about FTP'ing etc..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here, this is what I think you might want to check out.

Coppermine Photo Gallery

You can integrate it with phpBB... Basically have your own little YouTube type thing going here.

I don't know what your bandwidth limits are, so it might not be something you want to do..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'll definitely check that out.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next release of phpBB because they are integrating a lot of features that you currently have to install as mods, which is a PITA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts