Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm just looking for some advice or tips on how to figure out what's causing my 2006 Brute 750 to have some sort of parasitic draw.

I disconnect the positive terminal and test the draw between the wires and the positive terminal and seems to show 0.03 amps drawn.

It stays the same if I unplug all of the fuses.

If I disconnect this black box (actuator?) or this 2 wire connector from negative terminal then it shows no draw. See my picture added where I highlighted the box and wire I'm talking about.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to focus on checking next as I'm a rookie with this stuff.

Thanks in advance!
-Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This likely should have been posted in Electrical section my bad.

Also I realize this seems to be a common post but felt like mine was slightly different unless I'm testing completely Wrong.

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
All machines with computers have some parasitic draw because of memory, clocks, retained setting...ect. Yours, although slightly higher then most, may indicate a a problem with the engine brake actuator as in failed to complete it's "Park" cycle. The motor may be bad, gears jammed, fork locked or a problem with the circuit itself. Just know you will always have some parasitic draw , just a little less would be more normal....as I recall.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't expect it to kill the battery in a couple weeks. Will dig a big deeper And see if I can isolate where the draw is coming from in the meantime will just resort to disconnecting the battery. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts