Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I added a bison front bumper on my 19bf and I have overheated twice since. I have washed the radiator out before every ride, there is enough coolant and I’m not riding it to hard. Every time I stop the fan runs for 10 min and it’s hot on my legs during the ride. Any ideas on why I would be having this issue

·
Super Moderator
13,356 Posts
Bison's have been known to restrict too much air flow with the ones that have a plate across the front. You will need to remove it or make the holes much larger for the Brute.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bison's have been known to restrict too much air flow with the ones that have a plate across the front. You will need to remove it or make the holes much larger for the Brute.

View attachment 7984

I have the same one as in your picture. Is this the one your talking about making holes bigger? I can’t really see how this one would slow down that much airflow with all the holes in it already.

·
Super Moderator
13,356 Posts
View attachment 7985
I have the same one as in your picture. Is this the one your talking about making holes bigger? I can’t really see how this one would slow down that much airflow with all the holes in it already.
Well, it does. More then 40% loss of free flow. Want proof? take it off and go for a run. The Brute can forgive about 10% loss but that's about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts