Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Dealer wont charge more for the mud, usually like a $25 wash fee. What you WILL pay an extra $250 for, and they will charge you, is the 2 hours to take all the fenders and panels off and put them back on. Go to walmart and get a fly fishing "fly box" that has a bunch of compartments in it and use it to put your bolts in when u take your stuff off the quad (label them too!) So a week later when u get it back from the dealer u remember where things go. Some washers are 0.5mm longer than others and make a huge difference when the fenders go back correctly.

Now that it's "naked" hit the DIY car wash on the way to the dealer.

*HINT- when checking the rad for gunk, hold a flashlight BEHIND the radiator while you look through the front. Shine the flashlight right at your face thru the rad. What u think is clean is usually not. I did this to my "clean" radiator and found out how much really can hide in there. Spray it down with simple green and let'er soak for awhile, spraying in from behind too.

FYI- Don't assume the fan temp switch cuts on at the correct temp every time. First sign of mine going out was it wasnt cutting on soon enough or taking a long time to kick on at proper temp. This allowed my BF to get behind to cooling curve so only option was to sit and idle until the fan caught up and pulled the heat out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issues with overheating while putting along - 2019 brute, had issue where i kept loosing coolant with no visible leaks, took it back to dealer, they checked for leaks and what not on the hoses, filled up the reservoir and gave it back. rode it for a while and kept noticing the reservoir was emptying out - kept filling it, made an other appointment, fought with them this time saying it is not normal to have to refill coolant every second or third trip from empty. in the end that issue was resolved with a new top end - no losing coolant - in fact it has been almost a year now without having to top up at all
The overheat /temp light issue i am now seeing is while putting along is what is bugging me now... I am going to try taking the fan off and spraying it down, i suspect mud there where i cant reach, or it could be a faulty thermostat or god knows...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts