Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello all. I am a 60 year old Father of 3 boys all in their late 20s early 30s and 2 grandkids from Dryden Ontario Canada. I originally bought a new 2003 660 grizzly on 27 mud lites which I sold to my oldest son when I bought my 2016 700 Wolverine on 28’s. My middle son has a 2016 700 mud pro Cat on 28’s. We regularly use every excuse to get out and do some off road mudding in Northwestern Ontario. My youngest son and I usually carry the cooler (food and drinks) and cookstove in the SxS so I don't go quite as deep as the others playing in the swamps. But yesterday I hope this will all change, as I jumped on an add in our local news paper classified where I purchased a 2008 750 Brute Force with engine run problems (it just sputtered and stopped, oil was full of fuel) for $2000 canadian. It came with winch and newer 29.5 x12 (10 on the front) outlaws on 12 inch aluminum rims and Snorkel kit. I am an avid atv/snowmachine mechanic with all the tools for efi, so I am taking this on as a project. I figure my youngest will probably try talking me out of this one when I get it running. But in the mean time I hope to see how this baby stands up against the Grizzlies and the Cats. I am thinking it will be quite the beast with the 750 twin. If anyone has any idea what might cause this issue with the fuel, shoot me a message, but in the mean time I am tearing into it to bring her back to new. Looking forward to going in deep with the young fellas in the near future. My last Kawi was a 1986 Bayou atv 2 wheeler.
Thanks for having me aboard. Looking forward to all the stories and info.

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
Welcome and good luck. The 08 was the first EFI brute and was prone to several problems like fuel pump issues and ECM problems.. but this one sounds like a...or both.. leaking or stuck fuel injectors. The fact that it was set up for the mud does worry me a little and most at one time or another got sunk and filled with water. Those are all on borrowed time. At the very least if it wasn't prepared right there will be many electrical connections that held water and corroded...especially the ones under the fuse box.

Here's a service manual compliments of BC. Download it within 72 hours as the link will expire. It will be needed:

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:df8cdf22-9e94-4dc7-a07c-437ba484e835

1 - 2 of 2 Posts