Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay HMF V's Muzzy everybody say Muzzy make more power okay now my question does the Muzzy just make more power in the upper rpm's then the HMF's not saying any names :D but my bike seem's stonger in the lower rpm's or could it be because i run the 58 gram weight's and he is running stock weight's we have about the same set-up other then i run HMF's and 58 gram weight's and he run's a Muzzy and stock weight's but we both have the 12 hole airbox mod and VForceJohn's stage 2 with a EPI Maroon spring..It just has me stumped all i can say is my bike has great low end punch....I'f anybody has any ideas let me know i am stumped...

By the way great ride today :cool: i had a blast for being a Dusty one :thumbsup:

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Bubbasoffroad2
Okay HMF V's Muzzy everybody say Muzzy make more power okay now my question does the Muzzy just make more power in the upper rpm's then the HMF's not saying any names :D but my bike seem's stonger in the lower rpm's or could it be because i run the 58 gram weight's and he is running stock weight's we have about the same set-up other then i run HMF's and 58 gram weight's and he run's a Muzzy and stock weight's but we both have the 12 hole airbox mod and VForceJohn's stage 2 with a EPI Maroon spring..It just has me stumped all i can say is my bike has great low end punch....I'f anybody has any ideas let me know i am stumped...

By the way great ride today :cool: i had a blast for being a Dusty one :thumbsup:
that's a very good question... only answer if the Muzzy really makes more HP (which lot's of people say they do) is the clutch like you said.. you don't weigh that much more than enigma do you?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Weights could make a big difference. The Dalton weights are shaped differently to distribute the weight differently than the stock weights. Plus, the stock weights are only 54g IIRC.

It's easy enough to find out.. trade weights! :D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Jay
Weights could make a big difference. The Dalton weights are shaped differently to distribute the weight differently than the stock weights. Plus, the stock weights are only 54g IIRC.

It's easy enough to find out.. trade weights! :D
good point, just trade clutches would be quickest... and trade the belts with the clutches so they will be at the same spec..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Are you guys running the same tires? That would make a difference, too.

G

·
0 Posts
Heavier weights will definately give you more pull than lighter weights off the bottom... The lighter weights will eventually catch-up.. On a stock motor bike.. but it would be too late though :p Dalton knows what he's doing.. He made the 58g weights specifically for the V and he tested it alot...When you go into the motor, you can run lighter weights and have as much pull as the heavier weights because you are making more power at higher rpm's...

The heavier dalton weights just put the V with stock internals closer to it's sweet spot.. They also allow the ability to run more aggressive springs without loosing belt grip...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder how 2 56's and 2 58's would work I'f Geoff picked up the 56's i was thinking about picking them up and trying that but money is tight right now...But to me the Muzzy does not have as much punch down low but really pull's from mid to top....I think that the dual's just help to give it more down low but i don't no...All i can say it with my set-up now it's a trail machine for are tight twisty trail's :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you already have Dalton weights, you can order rivets from Ritter Cycle to add weight to them. Right now I'm running 56G weights with 2G rivets. I figured it was a good way to plan ahead.

IIRC, Muzzys made two different systems for the V. One was designed for low RPM power, the other tuned for mid-high RPM. You might look closely at the systems and look for differences - pipe length, diameter, silencer length.

With that said, if one of you was running a core and the other wasn't, well DUH take it out! :retard:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sound's good i am in the hunt to figure this out..Yesterday was great out at buckhorn again and now it's raining i will be out there again next weekend i hope :D i getting hooked again :cool:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you get them just let me know i will load my bike up and bring it over you have a garage :D :crybaby: and we will swap them out at the same time :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update... do we have part's yet :unibrow: I might stop at Tom's world of wheel's and pick up some more jet's for us...My goal is to get you out in front of me so i have to do a BBk :lol: :lol: :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:D Because you don't like it on the porch :unibrow: :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anybody have any 56g weights for sale are to try out?I have been wanting to try them.I think a stock motor with mods the WB Carbon Pro works very well.With Pistons and Cams the Yoshi's are working out.A 800 all out is going to need LTE duals.IMO :nod:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts