Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I switch the key on the oil light blinks consistently until I start the engine. Should it do that or is there a problem? It has plenty of oil. It runs fine also. Just wondering if the light blinking was normal. Any input is welcome and appriciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine does the same thing im pretty sure its normal. I think it indicates low oil pressure but there cant be any pressure when the engine is off so it flashes. thats what i think it is

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I switch the key on the oil light blinks consistently until I start the engine. Should it do that or is there a problem? It has plenty of oil. It runs fine also. Just wondering if the light blinking was normal. Any input is welcome and appriciated.
its going to blink there is no oil circulating when the machine is off… If it blinks while running then you got issues:D

·
Registered
2008 kawasaki brute force 750, KBE MF
3 Posts
Mine does the same thing im pretty sure its normal. I think it indicates low oil pressure but there cant be any pressure when the engine is off so it flashes. thats what i think it is
What if the oil light is on solid and wont start?
My Brute Force 750 is overdue for an oil/filter change, needs brake fluid too, and full of gas.
Where do I start to fix him so I don't have to search the original manual?

·
Registered
2008 kawasaki brute force 750, KBE MF
3 Posts
What if the oil light is on solid and wont start?
My Brute Force 750 is overdue for an oil/filter change, needs brake fluid too, and full of gas.
Where do I start to fix him so I don't have to search the original manual?
There's a slow oil leak also.

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
There's a slow oil leak also.
Change the oil and filter and fix the leak first. Oil light will be on until the pressure is high enough to trip the pressure switch off. Sometimes just cranking won't do it. Sounds like you need to do some testing of the fuel pump, kill switch, coil power, CPS and a full service on the old girl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts