Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I took it to the mechanic today and he pressed the seal in a little further on the primary clutch. Took it out this afternoon and noticed the secondary was the one leaking. How far should I press the seal in? Till it bottoms out?

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
I took it to the mechanic today and he pressed the seal in a little further on the primary clutch. Took it out this afternoon and noticed the secondary was the one leaking. How far should I press the seal in? Till it bottoms out?
Flush but all you are doing is changing where the wipe makes contact with the shaft. The seal(s) may be warn enough that this is only a temporary fix. It would be best to replace the seals. And while there on each check for bearing movement. Those seals usually out-live the engine's life.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Perfect, thanks for the advice. I might have got a bad seal with only having 65 miles on them and the bearings. I will get that one going since I have the other one.

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Check to make sure there are no kinks or anything that might restrict the crank cast vent line. Any pressure build-up will push out the seals or oil through them. The engine is too young to have any real problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Is this the rear shaft seal? This is the one that’s leaking. I pressed it in a bit and almost have it stopped leaking. But looks like there maybe a little debris by the lip
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive fuel system

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
We call that the transmission shaft seal. The rear seal..as we refer to it is the one on the output shaft to the rear gearcase/diff . Just replace it...both it and the crank seal..and the o-rings on the oil line and get back out there...lol.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts